22

Hoseok glanced at his phone for the 50th time of the evening, he'd texted you again. but he received no response from you. As a matter of fact, that had him worried and doubtful too. he'd never thought you would leave him on delivered for almost 3 days besides, it's much more bizarre as he'd seen you come online a couple of times.

had he ever told that he follows your Instagram? yeah, he does. you're inactive, and barely ever post a story. your account is public but there are zero posts, your side profile as your dp, and one highlight that's named 'randoms' which contains pictures of your graduation, coffee aesthetic snaps, and one selfie of you in 2019 in which you're cuddled up with two dogs hiding inside your neck and the most recent picture was of you with a few other girls at a bar.

which was almost 6 months ago. that was all. he could see the green active sign each time you come on Instagram and the 'active 24 mins ago'. all it did was leave Hoseok in disappointment. he thought you considered him to be your friend. at least a little more than just a work buddy, he'd been over to your place and you both spoke a lot during work, during breaks, and outside work. 'what's going on?'

was all that he could think of. he didn't understand what's taking you so long to come back to work and more specifically why it's taking you so damn long to reply to his texts. it's unusual and very much unlike you. you're supposedly at your parent's place for a personal reason but, are you even okay?

The man looked around his kitchen, he spent 3 hours this Sunday trying to perfect ice cream in gooey cookie flavor. and well.. he thinks he wasted his time doing all that he did for no reason. the more he denies himself and the more he pushes himself to stop thinking of you, it just makes him want to see you more.

he considers you to be his good friend, a friend that he never had and always wanted. but friends don't stay up all night searching for ice cream recipes to make the perfect replica of a gooey cookie ice cream that you like. is that typical of friends?

-

"the name of the restaurant and the place of it do not match! they need a new name change." you whisper over to Jungkook as he walks beside you, giving you a side eye as you both approach the eatery that comes into view with its inviting light and the soft glow of the street lights as you both walk down the avenue.

the night air is slighter colder today than the rest of the week, it has to be the beautiful trees and plants surrounding the area, a few kilometers far from the city, this restaurant is located at a lovely place that offers outdoor seating with a marvelous sight to watch. as the two of you proceeds towards the entrance, the aroma of fresh herbs and cooked pasta reaches you much before you two walk inside.

heading to the entrance, you both enter the patio where couples are seen clicking their wine glasses to each other's, laughter echos at the area and a few children run around the little garden beside their tables. Jungkook looks over at you, and so do you and you both share a soft smile. "table for two?"

"yes, please." the host guides both of you to your table, offers the menu, and makes his way back to the entrance. you wasted no time and quickly began to scan the menu to find the one dish that sounded satisfying. Jungkook tried hard to resist his smile, he'd never seen a woman become this enthusiastic over food. he thinks he may have already lost his appetite watching you get so eager.

"what are you gonna have?" you question him and he looks at his menu, he's not the biggest fan of pasta but he'll manage for you. he avoided checking out the heavy cream and cheese plates of pasta and flipped his way to the Aglio section. it's relatively a much healthier option. "probably the Aglio." you sighed and rolled your eyes at him. "eating cream pasta one night won't ruin your body, relax." "I'm just not very hungry. but you can order as you wish." you put down the menu on the table and pout. "don't do that!"