9

9

"Mmhm." he hummed as he handed a glass of water to you while you were seated on his velvet couch, gathering yourself from everything that happened.

Jungkook was feeling the awkward tension suffocating him, but when you did not accept his kind gesture of lending you water, he felt offended. You stood on your feet and looked around just so you didn't meet his eyes.

"I'm gonna leave. The staff needs you." you whispered under your breath. It was just an excuse to get back home. Things are messy, and you just want to sleep it off and not dwell about it anymore. "Sure." He said, and he let you walk towards the door that led to the way out.

"Inform me if you need anything." He muttered. You stopped to glance over your shoulder before giving him a nod and then walking out. Jungkook deeply exhaled, running his hand through his hair as he leaned against his table and crossed his arms. He was still processing this information, yet in denial, but it all seemed true.

I mean, it is. He remembers it clearly. That night and how the damn condom didn't hold on. "It would've been easier if she chose not to have it." He told himself, grabbing his phone and dashing out of the doors. He was in need of getting some alcohol in his system to wash away the nausea feeling in his stomach after hearing out the unpleasant news that may, no, it will reshape his future for the worse.

Jungkook casually scanned his surroundings. No one noticed his disappearance, for which he was grateful. Walking through the crowd, he took a seat at the bar and poured himself champagne. He wasn't interested in having his staff prepare him the drink and question him discreetly. Would rather be in his own space. Slightly slouched, his shoulders felt heavy with burden, the burden he asked for.

You never wanted to tell him about this, but now that he is aware of it, he can't possibly let you face this by yourself even though you need no help. He is equally responsible for this mistake, and even if you don't seek his help, he willingly would do it. In the midst of lively music, laughter, and dancing, there CEO Jeon was seated with unsettling thoughts that had an internal conflict playing in his mind as he imagined your state, and that gave him more anxiety.

Why was he being so affected? He could stay out of this if he wanted to, but he didn't. That was just not him. Or maybe it was because he's always had an attraction for you.

Heading back home, you've never wanted to be home as much as you wanted today. The home that only gave you discomfort is now welcoming you to an embrace from all the tension that you faced at the office. Precisely, your CEO.

A sigh escaped your lips, ignoring the heavy cramps you looked at the apartment which was covered in darkness, and you just felt like that's what you have now. Blackness. An absence of light, darkness that would be potentially a tornado that's heading in the near future.

The urge to phone your mom and ask for help was yearning. However, it didn't fit the circumstances, and it may only make things worse.

Jungkook mentioned that he would be willing to help, but how? How was he gonna help you? There was no reason for him to be a part of this, but one thing, it lessened the burden was that you're not the only one holding this secret. You've shared it with someone even though he may not be the right one. At least it felt nice to open up for once.

Heading to freshen up, you discarded each piece of clothing to the floor. However, what stopped you from doing it any further was the omnionous hue of spotting on your underwear. The unexpected sight of slightly brown spots sent chills up your spine that caught your breath in your throat. frozen at the sight, feelings of fear gushed out to your face that you didn't realise tears spilling down your cheeks. Maybe life was playing tricks on you, but this definitely isn't making you laugh, rather ripping your hopes apart and playing cards out of it.