Part 21

Imp note- I dont even know Singh's. Khurans's or Oberoi's are even Sikh by religion or not. But since story is based in Punjab I have written their marriage as per their tradition. My knowledge regarding the Sikh/Punjabi culture and tradition is very limited. I just know what I have seen in movies and serials. So if I have written anything wrong then please forgive me in advance. I didnt mean to hurt any religious sentiments.

Part 21

Mini and Neil came home with all the others. Mickey helped in shifting Neil's things from Mrs. Sandhu's house to the haveli. Soon all were tired and Preet asked Mini where to take her for rest in her room's or Neil's. Mini blushed and replied either of them would be fine as they haven't decided yet which one will become their bedroom. Preet decided to take her to Neil's room when dadaji stopped her. 

"Preet ye Mini ko kaha le jarahi ho? Iska room to upar hai na?" asked Dadaji. 

"Dadaji I know, but ab to inki shadi ho chuki hai na to ab toh ise Neil ke room mein hi jana chahiye" Preet replied casually thinking why he didn't understand such a obvious thing. 

"No, not yet. They cant share room today?" said dadaji stopping them. 

"But why?" Mini and Neil asked in unison while Preet laughed at them. 

"Because I don't believe in this court marriage. There are no customs no rituals followed, just a sign on paper. This is not a marriage in my opinion. 

"Tumhare dadaji bilkul sahi keh rahe hain. kal riti riwaz se shadi ho jane do tabhi tum dono shadi shuda mane jaoge" said Biji. 

"But Biji......", Preet tried to help her friend but Naeem bi stopped her 

"Only tomorrow after the Anand Karaj at Gurudwara they will become husband and wife in true senses." said Naeem bi. "And only after that they will be allowed to share room. Till then Neil will sleep in his room and Mini will sleep in her room. 

"But Biji" said both Neil and Mini again in unison. 

"Oye chup kar Allah maari behenji bilkul sahi keh rahi hain. Tum aajkal ke bachhe kya jano rasmo rivaaj ka importance. Aur Neil itne be sabre bhi mat bano" said Naeem bi as she glared at both of them. 

"Yes its final. Both of you go to your separate rooms." Ordered Biji. Mini and Neil looked at each other helplessly while Preet and Mickey laughed at their condition.

Both Mini and Neil spent sleepless night texting each other on phone. "How can Biji and Naeem bi be so cruel?" texted Mini with crying emoji. Neil laughed at her message. 

"Don't worry. Just one more day to go." Texted Neil with heart and kiss emoji. Mini blushed at his message and they kept texting whole night. 

Next day guest started arriving and all the family members become busy in welcoming them and other arrangements. Neil's relatives arrived he introduced them with whole family and Mini. Mini touched their feet and all of them gave their blessings. All his relatives praised Mini except his maasi Shalini Oberoi. She made faces when Mini touched her feet. Mini also noticed this but didn't say anything.