Part 4

Part 4

Door bell rang at Saroj's house and she opened the door to find a very angry Mini with inspector Lala at her door step.

"Mini what are you doing here?" she frowned looking at inspector Lala. 

Mini angrily threw a piece of paper she was holding on Saroj's face. Saroj was shocked to react first but then she spoke in her usual irritating voice, "What is this behavior Mini. I am your mami and you behave like this with me. And what is this piece of paper?" 

Mini replied, "These are court's restraining order against you." 

"What does that mean?" asked Saroj confused.

 "It means that by this order court has restrained you from coming near to Arya or even contacting her." explained Mini while enjoying Saroj's shocked expressions."

 "What...how...why...how can you stop me from meeting my niece and what does court has to do with it?" asked Saroj still confused. 

This time Lala explained her, "Mini filed a claim for restraining order against you after what you did to Arya. Stop being innocent about it, we are not fool. We know that it was you who gave Arya that idea to run away. Seriously, you told a 5 year old kid to run away from her house knowing full well that it could be dangerous for her. You know what happened to her. She got kidnapped and we could barely saved her from being sold to human traffickers" 

Saroj was shocked out of her wits. She never imagined something like that could also happen. She embarrassed on being caught, she thought mentally how to come out of this situation then she started crying and wailed, " I am sorry Mini beta, I just said it in anger, I didn't know that Arya would take it seriously. Like Arya I was too angry with you for punishing her so I wanted to teach you a lesson but I never thought bad about Arya. I didn't do anything purposefully. Please forgive me." 

"Forgive you, I am not a 5 year old kid Saroj mami who would believe your lies and I am not moved by your crocodile tears. I have known you since childhood and know you very well to even think you can do any good to us. So stop your drama and from now on stay away from my chhutanki. This is not a request, consider it as my warning to you." Mini warned her. 

Lala continued, "This is not some family feud anymore. Mini has taken it to court and with the evidences like your call records , your visits to their house and your history with Mini etc that we provided against you, court has issued restraining order against you. If you tried to contact her or found within 500 mts. diameter of Arya then not Mini but law will stop you. I will arrest you and put you in jail and will make sure you stay there as long as I can make it possible." Lala said last line very slowly and dangerously so that its meaning will sink in that dumb woman's thick head. Saroj gulped in fear realizing what Lala just said and finally understood that she can no longer mess with Mini and Arya's life.

Mini thanked Lala for his support and advice and thought, "one down, one more to go. Kammo now its your turn. 

Mini called an emergency meeting of society members. Everyone was confused as to why suddenly an urgent meeting has been called. After all residents have come Mini stood up and said, "I know you all are wondering why I called this meeting. That day when such an emergency meeting was called and everyone blamed my Arya was being a bully and hitting every child, I remember some people lectured us about how society is a extended family and how we should treat its member with respect and should not do anything to harm them." She said last line directly looking at Kammo.