Part 12

Part 12

"I have a plan", said Preet excitedly.

"What plan?" asked Biji and Naeem bi at the same time. 

"In case you forgot, I am getting engage in week's time. There will be a party and Mini will come for sure as she is my best friend and Neil..." Preet shared her plan.

"You don't worry about him. I will convince him to come" said Naeem bi equally excited. 

"It's a done deal then ,I'll figure out something to bring them close in the party." Said Preet. 

"Ok, pakki baat" replied Naeem bi shaking hands with Preet while Biji looked at them all confused. She didn't understand a word. "koi mujhe bhi toh batao kya plan bana rahe ho" said Biji frustrated. 

"Oh ho, behenji aap bhi na....see it doesn't matter that Mini broke up with Neil. They love each other a lot. At present Mini's mind is clouded with her overbearing responsibility for Arya. She cant see through it but that doesn't end her love for Neil. She is thinking that maybe she will remain away from him and this will make her forget his love. Neil, on the other hand is thinking the same because he is angry with Mini right now. We should try to find ways and create circumstances so that both of them keep coming close. As far as I know Mini when I gave her a reality check earlier in her room she is already started realizing her mistake now we just have to make sure she keeps getting close to Neil to realize that true love is not a gust of wind that will come and go in few moments but its like a sweet fragrance which stays forever in one's heart even after vanishing." Explained Naeem bi. 

"So basically you mean to say that we should keep pushing them towards each other till Mini realizes her mistakes and Neil's anger die downs and Preet's engagement is one such opportunity to us." Repeated Biji in layman's language.

"exactly" said Preet assuring Biji that she got their plan.

Mini was living in personal hell since Neil left the house. She thought it was for everyone's betterment but she didn't know it is going to be this hard to move ahead without him. She missed him terribly. Though she got to see him in the restaurant daily but that was not enough for her. Like she kept ignoring him previously now he was ignoring her in the same way. He was so angry from her it was visible in his eyes. Whenever their eyes met for a fleeting moment he glared at her as if saying through his eyes "you have no right to look at me like that. I am not yours anymore" she thought what she was thinking about their breakup was right all along that she had to sacrifice her love for Arya. But what Naeem bi said to her that day made her question her way of thinking and no matter how much she try she couldn't shake of the feeling that she might have taken a wrong decision. 

"Aaj main tujhme duniya se ladne wali Mini nahi balki dari sehmi Babita ko dekh rahi hoon jo log kya kahenge, bhavishya mein kya hoga ye sab soch soch ke jindagi jeena hi bhul gayi thi." These words of Naeem bi haunted her ever since that day. 

Even Arya was not happy with this. Though Neil had kept his promise to meet Arya daily but it was not enough for Arya. She clearly misses him and had been upset since he left. And Mini didn't pay attention to the minor things earlier but ever since Neil left she has been struggling to manage daily household chores like breakfast, dinner, putting Arya to sleep and getting her ready for school. She never gave it a thought that how important Neil had become to this house and in their life. Without him she sometimes feels so lost.