17

~Alina~

I woke up at around 5 am. And yes I'm aware that, that is bad but I couldn't go back to sleep. Too much stress. Too much frustration.

Now only about 1:30 hours later I'm driving on the way to my new job. Which is going to be absolute hell. I reach the same parking lot and park my car and prepare myself for this day. It's not like I could complain though, I did accept the offer, so it's all on me.

I reach the tall building and enter. The same lady behind the desk hands me a lanyard with my name on it. Great I'm really part of the team now, yay.

I walk with confidence to the elevators and press the top floor. As soon as the elevator stops I step out and walk towards Karlos' room. I knock and shortly after enter with shaky breath.

He doesn't lift his head to face me. Instead he carries on staring at his computer and keeps typing. This is the part where I'm meant to tell him the day plan, so I start telling him the meetings and all important tasks that are happening today but still I've got no reaction. It doesn't really bother me as this whole thing would be a lot easier if we acted like we didn't know each other.

I finalize my words and turn to leave, but a familiar voice stops me, "who said you could leave?" He questions. I turn myself back to face him, and yet again he still hasn't lifted his gaze. "You're not even looking at me Karlos." I state. He finally meets my eyes. His eyes are the same husky eyes I knew a year ago but they've changed, he has more hatred for me than he ever had before.

He lifts himself from his chair and slowly walks towards me. He stops just before our bodies collide. His eyes travel from my heels, bare legs and up my body, until they reach my eyes again. Yesterday I took a mental note of the dress code here. No one really told me what to wear but I thought I'd fit into the crowd and wear a simple black dress. But now I regret it. His gaze burns through my legs, and I feel weak.

"How many times to I have to tell you, kitten, It's Mr Reed." He snarled. Kitten. He's practically towering over me and I can't seem to breathe. Fuck i hate this mane so much. And why the fuck is he still calling me that. His heart rate visibly increases with mine. His breath is now hitting my face which sends shivers down my spine.

I don't give in. "And how many times do I have to tell you, Mr Reed, don't call me kitten." I demand. He scoffs and says, "I think you forgot your role here, you work for me. Kitten." His gaze sharpens and he grins at me. This bastard. I turn around and leave the room, I don't care what he says.

I slam the door shut and a large man is standing outside the room. "You must be the new assistant." He says.
"Yes, hello my name is Alina, nice to meet you." I reply. He lifts his hand to shake mine and tells me that he is Karlos' body guard. How pathetic does Karlos really need a body guard.

He goes on to tell me that there are only two rooms on the top floor. Karlos' and mine. He points a little further down the haul to where my room will be. I just thought the top floor was his. I mean his room is fucking huge. I noticed there's doors inside his room which makes his room even bigger.

As the conversation with Karlos' bodyguard dies down I walk across the hall to my room. I open it and it's an alright office. It's nothing special and is definitely smaller than Karlos' but it feels almost premium. The walls are glass which reveal the beautiful city begins my desk. The other four walls of the room are still glass but they're half mesh. Which is smart I guess, it blocks anyone from seeing anything, but I'm glad the view is not obstructed.

I place down my phone and browse my new office. All draws are empty and there's practically nothing in the room except a large MacBook. The desk is a light wood and there's a lonesome plant at the side of the desk. Oh well it's nothing I can't do up. It's different to Karlos' room though. He has a black desk black chair and mostly black furniture. Why does this man love black and white so much.

I try to adapt to the new work by answering emails and forwarding them to Karlos. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. This is practically nothing compared to the store. Since I was the one in crate it felt like everything was in my hands, but now, they're in Karlos', which takes a lot of weight off my shoulders.

After about an hour, someone knocks on the door. It's Anna, she comes into the room and talks to me further about the job. "So here is your work phone," she hands me a phone, "since your Karlos' assistant you won't be needing it other than contacting Karlos. Oh and also you will go home when Karlos tells you too, not in a bad way of course, but when his work finishes so does yours." She explains.

Finally she leaves and I check the time. It's getting pretty late but Karlos still has one more meeting to attend. Then I get a call on my new work phone, the title reads 'Karlos'. I pick up quickly and say "Yes Mr Reed."
"My office now." He demands. I don't know what world he's living in but he needs to stop acting like I'm a toy.