Episode 4: Might and Mind

*Don't forget to vote if you are enjoying the story. It helps out alot.

Wally Pov:

Melissa and I sit in a spectators box above and watch as Izuku trips up a zero pointer and begins to destroy multiple 1 and 2 pointers at once.

"Your kid really is talented. I thought you may have had some overconfidence but he really is like you." She says with an excited smile.

"You're so cute when you get excited."

"Wally!" She says flustered while pouting and looking at the screen causing me to chuckle. But still...

"That's the problem with him. Or at least it's becoming a problem with him." I say while leaning forward in my chair. Melissa looks at me confused and sees Izuku stop running and take a knee.

"What do you mean? And what is he doing?"

"He's trying to be like me. All this talk about me wanting him to make a statement may have gotten in his head. That burst of speed at the start of the race and the one he used to dodge the zero pointer are more than his body can handle. He needs to do things his way. Be himself."

We watch as Izuku gets down into a sprinter's stance.

"Come on Izuku. You can't fall behind now."

Izuku Pov:

Breath. I activate full cowling 8% but channel focus into my brain. Speed thinking. Well a less refined version of it than Wally can use. I was right to say sometimes there isn't time for a plan. But going with the flow all the time isn't right, and it isn't me.

I've always been one to think, and calculate. So that's what I'll do. I didn't always have a quirk. I couldn't just use it to get myself out of situations or power my way through. I had to be smart. I've always had to be smart. So now I'll do the same.

I roll forward dodging the swipe of a 2 pointer and pick up a piece of metal from one of their arms and use it as a shield as I charge forward. Allowing me to block attacks while still not slowing down.

Then a 1 pointer cuts in front of me, but I slide under it and cut off one of its arms using the metal. I can feel a chill start to go down my spine and see ice fly past me.

I look back and Todoroki sprinting forward with Bakugo not far behind.

"I won't let you win Midoriya!" I laugh and block some of his ice with the metal.

"Then you better do better than that Todoroki!" I continue moving forward getting to the second obstacle. A huge pit with chasms. Ropes connecting areas to stand on. Can I make the jumps without the ropes. No, not at 8%. And I can't push myself to a higher percentage without risking limiting my strength.

Before I can think anymore I look back and a huge glacier of ice being sent at me. I jump to the side barely dodging. Seem's I've wasted to much time. But anything goes while in the course. So...

Without hesitation I rush Todoroki, faster than he can react I spin around and kick him sending him flying back. Bakugo launches down at me but I jump up towards him and shield myself from his explosions with the metal and use it to ram him into the ground.

"WHAT A SURPRISING MOVE, IZUKU MIDORIYA FROM CLASS 1A HAS DECIDED TO ENGAGE WITH HIS CLASSMATES BEFORE MOVING INTO THE NEXT OBSTACLE!"

"You think you're tough shit nerd?" I don't have time for this. Todoroki sends Bakugo flying back with a blast of ice and I rush towards the obstacles and begin jumping from rope to rope. Todoroki skids across them using his ice, quickly gaining ground on me.