Prologue: Lightning Strikes Twice.

To understand everything that's going to happen. First, you're going to have to do something. You're going to need to believe in the impossible.

In a world where almost everyone is born with a special ability called a quirk, Villains rise constantly using their abilities for selfish and illegal reasons. Which led to the creation of the Hero Profession. Those who train and then use their ability to protect the peace.

Those who strive for peace and justice. This story is about the two strongest heroes of any time. Both of them gained their abilities through unusual methods. Both of them once lived the life of the quirkless, and they faced many difficult trials and tribulations. This story is about a student and their sensei.

The final holder of One For All, Izuku Midoriya. And the eventual fastest man alive, Wally West. This is how they became the greatest heroes who ever lived.

Wally West did not have his happy childhood. He was born and spent most of his life in America. His mother fell ill after giving birth to him and died shortly after. His father became cynical and an alcoholic as a result. But Wally refused to let anything get him down.

He pushed forward through his early childhood years with a smile spending most of the time with his Aunt Iris and her boyfriend Barry Allen. Barry was a pro hero. And with his ability of super speed, he very quickly was beginning to rise up the charts.

He became a beacon for society. A beacon of hope. The Scarlet Speedster, The Red Blur, but his official name was The Flash. Barry and Iris ended up taking care of Wally as if they were his parents. To the point where Wally barely ever went back to his real home. At four years old, Wally was diagnosed as quirkless. Though he was a bit disappointed at not getting any kind of special ability, he really did not care much about becoming a pro hero. So the revelation was not completely life changing.

He had a lot of problems at school, though, once news spread of his quirklessness. Kids can be mean, and they make decisions that they don't fully understand at the time.

Treatment of quirkless people was known to be rough. They were looked down on. Seen as less. But Wally refused to be a punching bag for any sad, praised starved kid, desperate for attention. Wally wouldn't take anything from anyone. So when they tried to bully him, he fought back.

He didn't always win. But he never took anything. And when he knew he couldn't win. He ran. As fast as he could. He was always fast. Fast moving, fast thinking, fast reacting. Very rarely did he ever take a really good beating.

Luckily, he didn't have to put up with it for his entire childhood. When he was 11, he went to stay the night at Barry and Iris's, and they noticed how beat up he was. The two of them did not take the news lightly. With Iris being a reporter and Barry being a rising pro hero, they made quick work of reporting on, suing, and changing the school.

They also ended up taking Wally into their house as well. His father had no objections. Barry and Iris also got married. And the three of them became a happy family.

Wally had a lot of interests in tech and support items for heroes. He had wanted to learn to make and repair them. Become a hero Mechanic. His life wasn't extraordinary, but it was enough. He was happy. But when he was twelve. Everything changed.

Wally was up late at night playing games with his friends. Iris was working on a report downstairs, and Barry was out late catching villains. Barry had always hid his secret identity from the public. Most heroes didn't do this. Mainly because a lot of them were heroes so they could become famous, not hide it. But when you climb higher and higher on the charts, a target gets painted on your back. Yours, and the people you care about.