Chapter 65 - Catastrophe

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

At 5 pm, an old, rusty car halted some metres away from The Chai-Script Book Cafe.

The driver ensured a hushed environment and brought out a hose from the car's boot. Inserting the hose into the car's fuel tank, he began sucking on the other end of it. Soon, the fuel started flowing, just as he wanted.

The fuel was transferred to a container leaving enough fuel in the car for the driver to flee unnoticed. He picked up the container and tiptoed ahead on his way, attempting to hide from any passerby's sight.

- X - X - X - X - X -

[Abhimanyu asked about your presentation last night. I told him about it.] Abeer's message popped on Aashna's phone.

Aashna was still sceptical about everything and had been avoiding Abhimanyu. She did not know how genuine his concern was. She also did not want to include Abeer in all of that. 'If he continues to have good relations with Abhimanyu, then so be it'— Aashna thought.

[Oh, okay. Lol were you okay with him asking about me?] Aashna tried diverting the topic a bit.

[I mean, y'all worked together so he deserved to know about it. Why?]

[Right.]

Something clicked in Abeer. [Oh hey! No, I wasn't jealous, if that's what you're thinking XD]

[-_- bye]

Abeer wanted to tell Aashna about the conversation he had overheard the previous night. But decided otherwise for she was constantly nervous about her competition, especially after whatever had happened yesterday during the presentation.

[So what about the further rounds?]

[The university round is on 15th November—14 days to go. After everyone's sem-end exams, the final round will be on 23rd December. All this, if* and only if** I get selected. I don't know if that judge will let me go ahead. Let's see. They said the selected candidates' list will be out on 6th Nov.]

[Okay. We'll see.]

[Oh by the way! Khushi is coming back today! Before telling her about Kartik's family's decision to adopt her, we decided to bring her to the cafe and show her the bicycle. Free your schedule, you're going with us to pick her up!]

[Way to request.]

[Shut up.]

[I'll be there, captain!]

[Good.]

- X - X - X - X - X -

Khushi was successfully discharged from the hospital. She still had minor injuries on her body, that were wrapped in clean bandages and would take at least a week before taking off.

Aashna, Abeer, Girisha, Kartik and Kartik's parents were present at the hospital. They permitted the children to get Khushi out for some fresh air while they visited her orphanage for the adoption process.

"There's something waiting for you at the cafe, by the way!" Girisha leaned and excitedly informed Khushi, seated in a wheelchair, outside the hospital. "Would you like to rest first or go there?"

"Cafe," Khushi answered with a smile.

"Great!" Aashna patted Khushi's head lovingly and pushed her wheelchair.

Kartik settled on the driver's seat in his car and Khushi beside him, after folding her wheelchair. Aashna, Abeer and Girisha occupied the rear seats with Abeer sandwiched between the girls.