Chapter 41 - Chasing Them

[Morning; 6 am]

'Tape... tape... where on earth- oh, here it is!'

Finally getting hold of an adhesive tape, Aashna kept it in her bag, along with a pair of scissors, stationery and some documents. She kept the bag and a huge flex print poster in her living room, ready to take it to the college round of her research competition.

She decided to sleep for a couple of hours after which she would directly be seen at her university for her presentation at 2 pm.

- X - X - X - X - X -

Abhimanyu's face was garnished by a subliminal smile as he drove his car past the restaurant's gate. Such was the aura of a retro song for him. Enriched with a glow affirming that he had successfully grasped Muskan's intention of letting that song play, he instinctively turned his car in the opposite direction to where he was supposed to drop her.

Muskan's body stiffened seeing the path they were heading on. "Hey, that's the wrong way-"

"So you like old songs?" He intervened.

"Huh? Uhm- Yeah... They're my... type... ABHIMANYU WHERE ARE WE GOING?!" Her voice climbed an octave as his car climbed the highway.

"OWH!" He tilted his head, hoping his shoulder would cover his ear from the deafening scream of hers. Surprisingly, he laughed it off. "Calm down, I'm not kidnapping you."

Muskan let his face be observed by her. The face that refused to look at hers. "You're definitely not the person from last night..." She mumbled alongside a sigh while relaxing her spine at an unforeseen warmth that emerged due to his sudden, healthy change in behaviour. Barely she had smiled internally when her reaction was, once again, interrupted by him.

"IS THAT HIM!?!!" He exclaimed, excited at whatever his view was.

Muskan looked up to see a purple-coloured, lavish, imported car, running at a worse-than-decent speed, right in front of theirs. It was the same one that belonged to the commotion-prone man they had fought against, at the restaurant's parking. "May... be... Oh yes! That's him!"

"AHA, GREAT!" Abhimanyu's face lit up as he accelerated the car to an unhealthy speed, only to catch up to the fresh opponent. "He's done for today."

Muskan sensed some future ruckus that she had a feeling shouldn't exist. "Abhimanyu, leave him-"

"No. He can't insult us like that." Well, he was equally determined, too.

"We had an excellent fight earlier. Let's leave it there."

"You know, these rich clowns fear no one. They think if they sit in a car like that, the world falls at their feet. I won't let him sleep tonight with that attitude. I'm gonna do what's important, mister!" Abhimanyu kept leaving the other not-his-business vehicles behind. The highway had no traffic signal restrictions, supplementing his chase. He overtook all the vehicles that could potentially be in his way, while Muskan kept shoving in his ears her requests for leaving this game.

Soon, an ambulance siren was heard from an ominous distance. As the ambulance approached them, Abhimanyu gave way to it, while the purple car guy did the exact opposite - blocking the ambulance's way.

"He's not even sensitive to an ambulance, see!" It was as if Abhimanyu had found another reason to keep hunting him.

Once the ambulance was out of their sight, Abhimanyu finally brought his car to a speed high enough to match that of his foe. Driving parallel to him, he darted to his left and gave a death glare to him and his wife. He quickly pulled the window on Muskan's side down and shouted, "I have the photographs! No one can save you from extreme legal actions! Remember my face till you forget your own!"