Chapter 63 - Zonal Level

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

Arms crossed over her chest, Drishti stood in front of the main gate of Prajapati Manor, awaiting the sweet arrival of her ex-boyfriend.

'Can't even plan a kidnapping properly and thinks of himself as a gangster. Idiot. That— Drishti?!' Lost in his thoughts, Abhimanyu was on his way to the mansion's gate when he spotted Drishti standing like a soda bottle, seemingly waiting for his presence to burst out and make its existence known.

Her manager stood behind her, holding her tablet at an angle convenient for her to glance at it anytime she wanted to.

'What even is her problem, I'll never understand,' Abhimanyu thought and spun around on his heel.

Whistling and hopping merrily, he left the mansion's premises from the back gate. It took him some extra walking towards his car alongside some ultra-careful stealth to stay out of Drishti's vision and drive back to his new apartment.

Well, Drishti's car and... her apartment.

Back near the main gate, Drishti observed her tablet's screen and bit her inner cheek. "Let's leave." She huffed as her thoughts ran, 'Whatever he was here for. Nosy idiot.'

- X - X - X - X - X -

[Next evening]

"THAT. NUMBSKULL!! IDIOT!!! THAT FUC—" Aashna's lips threw out words with no permission from her brain.

"Shh! Shh! Calm down. Damn wow ok. What was so bad about him?" Girisha, barely able to control her laughs, tried asking Aashna the reason for her rage.

"EVERYTHING! EVERY-BLOOMING-THI-NG!!!! THAT DIM HEADED DUCK!" Aashna was practically punching the air not letting herself get any control over her emotions.

It had been two days since the declaration of the results of the college round of Aashna and Abhimanyu's research competition. Aashna, the only one eligible for the next round, had presented her research poster in the second round, i.e., the zonal level of the competition. It was held in another college in the same vicinity as her university.

Going all out and about, she managed to survive the day after some unwanted happenings around her.

Aashna thudded her legs all over the kitchen while Girisha prepared two cups of chocolate banana milkshake.

"Do they sell bits of their BRAINS in exchange for bits of SYLLABLES??" Aashna squealed, unable to control her anger. "Because now they have UNNECESSARILY OVERstocked their collections of NUTTY words while they got an ABSOLUTE void in the space meant for their brain. Can they not just SHUT? UP—"

Girisha turned around with a cup in her hand and attached it to Aashna's lips. "Yeah. Shut up. That's the best."

"Hmm. This is good." Aashna nodded at the taste of her drink.

"I know." Girisha sipped from her own cup.

"THAT DOES NOT—"

"Oho. What is this about?"

"That old hag. He's minutes away from catching up to God's age and still has the nerve to judge something he isn't trained in. And then, AND THEN!— Oh wait, there are banana chunks in this." Aashna paused, peeping into her cup.

"Chew them."

"Yeah. So—" Aashna's words came out muffled as she chewed. "First of all, they don't give us judges that belong to our subjects." She sipped." The two judges I was allotted to, were both from the physics department." Another sip. "Now I had to explain everything from scratch to the people who most definitely think that psychology should not even exist in the first place." More chewing. "And then one of them, the older one, goes on to ask me about the details of the people I had interviewed!"