chapter 9:Desaster struck ("It's not a date!!")

It was Saturday, the school was over and everyone was already making plans for the night.

"Adria, wait!!!"

Ven yelled as he hopelessly tried to pick up Adria's pace. When he did, he grabbed her hand to catch her attention. But it wasn't her. His eyes searched everywhere till it met hers in a corner. He left the girl's hand quickly and hastened towards Adria who was leaning against a wall, lost in her own reverie. He pinned her against the wall she was leaning on and stared deep into her eyes, frustrated.

"Why aren't you responding!!!" He bursted out of intense exasperation. But Adria just gave him a deadpan.

"Just get to the point!"

"I.....I just wanted to say sorry."

"And....." She said gesturing for him to continue with her hands in however much space was left between them. He jolted away from her as if he just realized how close they were and smilingly said, "well.....I've got four tickets for the fair held tonight and I was hoping that you would come!!"

As she was about to leave, he pinned her to the wall again.

"I didn't mean to insult you or anything. I am really sorry and I wanna make it up to you, so please just say yes!!!" He said with the same charming smile that could melt away a whole wax candle. After a few minutes of staring into each other's eyes she pushed him away, intimidated, she rushed away muttering "fine."

_______________

'WHY THE FUCK DID I SAY YES!!! It's so loud here! We just got here and I already have a migraine!!' Adria thought of regretting her rushed words instantly.

"Ooooh! There's a haunted house there!!!"

Ember squealed and ran towards the haunted house dragging Camden, leaving Ven and Adria alone. They stood there in a sense of awkwardness then Ven spotted a stall selling some skewered fruits coated with crystallised sugar (Tanghulu, a northern Chinese treat). It seemed crunchy and sugary on the outside but juicy and sour in the inside. So, without taking his eyes off them, he dragged Adria towards the stall, holding her hand and pushing his way through the compressed space between the crowd.

"Where are we going?!!" She yelled just for him to hear among all the chinning of the crowd.

"I saw something tasty and I wanna try it!!" He yelled back.

'Classic Ven!' She thought rolling her eyes with a small smile crooking on her lips. But however, she trailed him still holding his hand.

Out of all the time she had spent with him, she had noticed that Ven gets too excited about small and normal things like he has never seen them in his entire life. And she finds that child-like excitement cute.

"Two of those please!" He said, beaming. 

And watching his dimples pop up Adria blushed a little like she does whenever he smiles.

After finishing their treat they went to play games and by that I mean Ven forced her into agreeing to play with him. First,they went to play a game where different kinds of plushies and candies will be placed and to win one of them you have to aim for it by using them ring that they give. And when Adria wasn't interested in any of them, Ven won them all for her just to annoy her. They played every single game that they could find, having lots of fun. Adria was happy more than she would like to admit.

But they were tired after playing the last game, Adria sat down on an empty bench and Ven wandered off to fetch some water.

"Hey you!!" Someone called Ven from a Turkish ice cream stall.

"Me?" Ven said pointing at himself.

"Yeah you! Wanna try this ice cream? It isn't what you think it is." The man said scooping up an ice cream scoop with a smirk. And out of curiosity he went to try it. But just when he thought the man was handing over the ice cream and held out his hand to take it, the man played tricks with the ice cream. Thinking that he could trick Ven, he continued playing with ice cream but Ven caught the ice cream within seconds and walked away nonchalantly. Devastated, the man cursed under his breath and continued to attract other customers.

While Adria was fidgeting with her fingers, probably bored. She saw Ember and Camden snacking beside a stall and thought they would make a good pair, but soon snapped out of it when she saw Ven coming towards her holding an ice cream in his hand. She stud up dusting her jeans.

"Where's mine?" She said pouting.

"Oh!! Wait a second!" With that he ran off somewhere and quickly came back holding two spoons.

"What's this?"

"Two spoons, one for me and one for you." He said nonchalantly and started to eat with his spoon. Adria hesitated but soon started eating as she was hungry. When they were finished eating Ven went to throw the spoons, Ember and Camden came towards her, tired after running errands.

"So.........enjoying your date?" Ember asked wiggling her eyebrows in a playful way.

"What?" Adria said, irked.

"Saw you both sharing ice cream." Ember said nudging her.

But Adria's eyes darkened, "it's not a date!!", the atmosphere went cold and Ember instantly shut her mouth like a scared little puppy.

"Ahhhhhhh"

They both turned to a large group of crowd screaming in terror and running for their lives. After a few seconds when the spot was somewhat cleared they saw a giant hideous monster battling..........Ven?

He was defeating the monster so skillfully and so swiftly with a sword that no one could watch his movements. His face was full of tension and his eyes were.....red?

'Am I dreaming? What is happening? Why is there a monster?  And how did Ven's eyes turn red?'

Suddenly, Camden appeared in front of her, doing something with his eyes, perhaps he was hypnotizing her?

'Where the hell did he come fro-
Wait what was I thinking?'

"Adria!!!" Ven yelled from afar, looking cheerful holding a popsicle but something was off and everything looked normal..... Like nothing had happened.

_____________________

A/n
Hello, beautiful people!! I can't believe how much I used the word 'just' in this chapter😂😂!! However, but you guys are still not voting. Please vote for my chapters because it will surely make my day 10 times more better and brighter. If you have any suggestions or corrections, please do comment. 

_________________

(The Turkish ice cream you guys!!)

Ven's eyes!! So cool, right!!