chapter 5.2

Ven rushed through the hallway trying not to miss the next class. At the time he reached, all the seats were taken except the one beside Adria.

"Oh! I was just saving this seat for you." Gesturing to the seat beside her when he walked towards it and was being seated.

"I thought you sat beside Ember." He said with a questioning look.

"No, today she is sitting with her new boyfriend."

"Okay....." he said still not convinced.

"So where were-" she stopped when the teacher entered and started to explain something.

______

After school when the bell rang, Ven hastened out but Adria managed to catch up with him. "So, do you have any plans tomorrow?"

"No, why?"

"I was hoping you could come to the movies which Ember and her boyfriend, Asher invited me but I didn't want to go because I didn't have company"

"Oh! Yeah sure! Text me the address." Saying that he gave his phone number to her and left quickly.

'What's with the rush?' She thought.

_______

Looking at the mirror Adria stood blankly thinking about the necklace from her dreams.

'What is the connection between the necklace and him? He is a total stranger right? Wait...... I have seen that necklace before, before my dreams!!!'
She thought and ran upstairs to the old attic. She scrambled through each and every box but didn't find anything. Har phone began to ring "hello", she answerd seeing Ember on the caller ID.

"Where are you?!!!" You can listen her screaming from a mile away.

"Coming" saying that she rushed to her car and drove off.

________

'8:00pm' looking at the time she said, "shit!!"
She rushed off to where everyone was waiting for her. "Did the movie start?" She asked releasing a nervous chuckle.

"No!"Ember said

"Okay then! Let's buy some popcorn!" Saying that she headed towards the food counter but Ember pulled her back.

"You guys go and buy some popcorn I have to talk to her" she said with a smile. The boys left to buy some popcorn leaving them alone to talk.

"So, why did you invite Ven?"she asked giving a teasing flirtatious look.

" I just wanted to know him."

"Since when did Adria Lucif became interested in a boy?" Ember asked with the same look.
But she just walked up to the counter ignoring her best friend to choose popcorn's flavour.

"Hmm yes, I'll have Caramel popcorn please."

"You like Caramel popcorn?" Ven said sounding shocked and slightly offensive. "Yeah why?" She said with a defensive look.

"Nothing it's just I haven't seen this flavor before."

"Well it is quite popular, not as popular as the original flavours but popular", she said shruged.

"Oh!'' He said noding.

"The movie is about to start!!" Ember said to the three of them.

They all went inside before it started and got seated having no idea that it was a horror film except Ember.

__________

"Oh my gosh Ven I didn't know you were this scared of horror movies!!!" Ember said laughing hysterically. "Ok, ok don't need to laugh that hard", Ven said pouting.

"Adria didn't get scared at all, she just stared at it blankly like it was a boring TV show!", said Asher.
They all turned to look at Adria who still was looking at something blankly lost in her own thoughts.

"Adria" Ven said softly taping her shoulders.
"Huh, what!!!" She fliched and snaped out of her thoughts.

"What were you thinking?" Ven asked tilting his head.

"Nothing"

"Okay then, we'll get going", Ember says dropping her hand on her thigh pating it.

As they both go Adria says to Ven, "Hey, I was just wondering where you got that necklace cause it's kinda familiar"

"Oh, this! My grandpa gave it to me."

"Oh! Is it-", before she could finish his phone rings and when watching the caller ID he said, "excuse me, I have to go my mom is calling. Again I'm really sorry, and I mean it I really am!'' And rushes off again.

'What the hell is he hiding from me!!'