chapter 4.1: Nostalgia

It was finally the time that Adria had been waiting for. But now when she came home feeling frustrated, bitter, enraged and she looked like you could crack up anytime. And her aunt Emerald who was sitting on the chair in front of her flipping through a magazine noticed it.

"What happened honey?", said Emerald who was visiting her house at the wrong time.
"Nothing!!!", Adria said with a raging tone.

"You know you could tell me anything", said Emerald hoping that she could cheer her up.
But only she didn't, she provoked her more but Adria just left the living room keeping herself calm. Emerald was used to it so being ignored by the one she loved the most didn't hurt as much as it did before.

When Adria's mother was buried her aunt who adored her like her own daughter adopted her. But as Adria never got over the trauma of losing her mother she never bonded with her aunt and never accepted her as a mother figure. As she was craving to see that one smile which could light up the whole world, which is brighter than the sun to her and which she would give her whole life. Just in that aspiration to make her niece happy she never missed a chance to coddle her up. But Adria slammed her bedroom door with a bang hoping to seek some peice but found the walking windbag herself, Ember.

"Hey birthday girl....... Ready to party!!", said Ember with excitement filled her body. "Come on!! The party starts in a few hours, get ready!!" Ember said and propelled her into the changing room.

At that time Adria was willing to even bury Ember down to the earth's core but she mollified herself by reminding about the 'thing' she was excited about earlier and got ready.

And as she came out of the changing room looking appealing dressed in a crimson red halter necked pencil dress with a golden coloured chain-like belt and black leather cardigan. It was about time for the party to start and the preparations were also done. "You look really beautiful", Ember said with a warm smile and resting her head on Adria's shoulder from the back as she hugged her. But Adria seemed mused in her own world and murmured thank you and left to the party.

_______

When she stepped out of her brand new car with the spotlight on her. While all the limelight was on her, her eyes were searching for something else or perhaps someone else.