chapter 5.1: schemed friendships

Adria who was standing by the locker blankly as she didn't get any sleep yesterday heard Ven's voice wandering around asking for the location of the library. She walks up to him and asks patting his shoulder, "There's no one who knows the way to the library, except me and well...the nerdy kids!" He flinches at her sudden boost of interest in their friendship. He stares at her shockingly listening to her talking in a slightly enthusiastic tone. "Hello.... Earth to Ven!" She says waving her hand through his eyes trying to catch his attention.

"Oh! Yeah, what?"

"Should I show you around the campus?"

Yeah, sure." He said with his charming smile, which everyone adores.
With a smile of her own she turned and started to walk with Ven trailing her. As they passed the cafeteria Adria suddenly stopped and started walking backwards until she reached the cafeteria. Ven copied her having no clue why and when he saw the crowd he spat, " I thought we were going to the library!!"

"Chill, I just wanted to show you how the students of our school are so that you won't get in trouble"

"Why would I get into trouble?'' He said raising an eyebrow.

She just shrugs and continuous walking. "But wait!!" He says catching her hand, she turns around and masking her infuriated and annoyed face with a confused expression.
"What?" He asked with a calm tone.

"Oh! We haven't properly introduced ourselves'' he says leaving her hand. She nods and turns around to face him. Clearing her throat she says, " I'm Adria Lucif, nice to meet you!" And stretches her hand for a handshake. " hello I am Ven, just Ven!" He takes her hand shaking it. Their eyes stay locked for a few long moments until the sound of a student falling with her lunch brings them back to their senses. Adria quickly pulls away, "and...they are called as 'The perfect target of bullieing group'!" She said motioning to the girl who just tripped and the group who are the helping her. Then she turns to the group who are sitting beside them wearing a gothic type of outfits and says, " they are the 'bullies'."

"Oh" he says as he follows her gaze.

"Hey, Adria!" Someone says as they make their way to grab their food.

"They are the popular kids because of their rich parent's money." Referring to the group of students who just greeted them, she said.
And when they were leaving for the library with the lunch she said gesturing in to the group of students on the corner of the cafeteria, "they are the 'nerds' who I mentioned earlier."

"And do you belong to that group?" He said with a chuckle

"Egh!! Why do you think that" she said without disgusted look.

"Because you said that you and the nerdy kids only know the way to the library'', he said nervously.

"Well not like that, I just like to sit there when I am eating lunch because there won't be anyone to disturb me by talking to me." She said with a sassy tone.

"Which group do you belong to then?"
After hearing those words feeling of sadness crossed her eyes just for a splitest second. Ven's expression softened after he saw some emotion cross over but didn't know what it was.

"Well why were you trying to find the library" she said trying to change the subject. "Oh, I just wanted to read a book about Greek mythology!"
''Are you into Greek mythology?" She asked while frowning and trying to sit on a chair in the corner of the library.

"Wow!! Adria Lucif is taking interest in people's's likes and dislikes! You're not like others say!" He is says with an impressed expression and chuckles. "Was that supposed to be a compliment?" She said raising an eyebrow. "It depends on how you take it" he said and shrugged. "Okay fine!! If you don't want me to talk then I will go" she says and starts to get up.

"No, no, no, no, no don't!!! I'm sorry."
Hearing that she sits back with an arrogant expression. "So you interested in that kindda boks?" She repeats her question.

"Hmm yeah, you can say that. I just know a lot about it"

"Oh! So you're religious?"

"I guess." He says paying half attention to his mobile when he received a notification.

"Is your-"

"Hm, something urgent came up I have to go sorry." He cuts her off by middle sentence and rushes off.

'Fuck I was gonna ask about his necklace'