FORTY THREE

The two walked in silence, the air around them thickened. Nicholas held only two bags of groceries after Jo quickly scooped the bags away from him after arriving at their stop. Nicholas' mind was a wreck. He kept on thinking back to what happened on the bus. The thumping of his heart. The feel of Jo's neck against his hand. The soft touch of Jo's lips. Whenever he thought of it, his face turned bright red.

"Are you okay, Nicholas?" Jo asked, looking at his bright red face.

Nicholas didn't respond. He was lost in his thoughts.

"Nicholas? Hello? Anyone home?" Jo placed down the bags of groceries and grabbed Nicholas by the shoulders.

"Huh? What?" Nicholas snapped out of his trance and his vision focused on Jo.

"You weren't responding to me. Are you okay? Your face is very red," Jo asked, analysing the latter's face.

"I'm fine!" Nicholas replied, shaking Jo's hands off of his shoulders and walked faster.

"Nicholas! Wait up!" Jo quickly grabbed the grocery bags on the ground and ran towards Nicholas.

"Is this about the kiss?" Jo called out.

Nicholas stopped in his tracks, his face burning up in embarrassment. Jo caught up to him, standing behind the boy.

"It is, isn't it?" Jo asked, catching his breath.

Nicholas didn't reply, he felt like he couldn't reply. He gripped on the grocery bags harder, enough for Jo to notice.

"Did you hate it?" Jo asked, slowly moving towards Nicholas.

"Of course I didn't!" Nicholas replied.

"I'm worried that you hated it," Nicholas admitted, turning around to face Jo.

To Nicholas' surprise, Jo was close to him. Jo stared into Nicholas' eyes.

"If I hated it, I would've pulled away," Jo said.

"And..."

Jo quickly pecked Nicholas on the lips.

"I wouldn't do this either," Jo said, followed with a chuckle.

Nicholas turned bright red again and turned around.

"I really hate you, Asakura Jo," Nicholas mumbled.

"Mhm, sure you do," Jo said, following behind Nicholas.

It felt like the air had cleared that night.

– – – – – – – –

"What was that I saw outside?" Euijoo's dad asked, standing across from Euijoo who was sitting on the couch.

"I was just with Taki, and he was seeing me off since we always walk home together," Euijoo replied.

"Lies!" His dad yelled.

"I know exactly what I saw. Now you better tell me the bloody truth or I'm going over there myself to ask Taki," His dad threatened.

Euijoo didn't reply and just looked down. He was speechless.

"Fine then, I guess I'm going to Taki's house," Euijoo's dad said as he began to move to the front door.

"Taki and I are dating," Euijoo admitted.

His dad stopped in his tracks, turning around to face his son.

"You're what?"

"We're dating. We're boyfriends. Are you happy now?" Euijoo asked.

"No. I'm not happy at all," Euijoo's dad marched towards him.

"You better break off your little relationship with that kid next door, you're going to embarrass me. I can't believe my son likes men," Euijoo's dad said harshly as he started to go to his room.

"And one more thing, if I see you around that boy, you're grounded. That means you can't leave your room unless it's for school, or eating food," Euijoo's dad said before disappearing into his room.

Euijoo sat on the couch, not bothering to wipe the tears that slowly dripped from his eyes. His phone buzzed and he looked at the message.

Is everything okay? Taki messaged.

Euijoo looked at the message and typed something. He pressed send and placed his phone face down onto the couch and burst into tears, trying to conceal his sniffles.

We can't be together anymore He replied

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the Euijoo Taki drama haha

I did warn you guys sooo

- Rin