FORTY

The two boys awkwardly sat in the bus next to each other. Jo looked out the window and Nicholas stared into space in the opposite direction. They didn't know what to say to each other. Before they decided to give their relationship a shot, they could talk easily, though it was usually just Jo trying to make conversation with him. However, now they were both awkward, unable to say anything because they were wary of each others' feelings and their current relationship.

The two continued to sit in silence until Nicholas decided to say something.

"So, what do we need to-"

Nicholas was cut off by shock as the bus driver took a sharp turn, making the boy grab the pole in front of him to stabilise himself. He felt something crash into his chest and he looked down, seeing Jo against his chest, his hands also gripping onto his clothes. The two boys looked at each other, their faces turning pink.

"I'm sorry!" Jo exclaimed, pushing himself off of Nicholas' chest.

His heart was racing. Why was it racing so much? Jo took in deep breaths to calm himself down, but it didn't work. His heart kept on beating. Little did he know, Nicholas' heart was exactly like his.

– – – – – – – –

"Alright, we're going to be doing an activity in pairs," The teacher called out.

"But I'm choosing them. I've realised that even though half a year has passed, a lot of you don't know who each other are, so I'll be mixing you all up," The teacher explained.

The students groaned as they waited for their pairs to be called. Yuma stood there patiently, zoning out.

"Yuma... Yuma? Nakakita Yuma!" The teacher yelled out.

Yuma stopped zoning out and turned his attention to the teacher.

"You'll be partners with Riku," The teacher instructed.

Yuma went over to the boy that the teacher pointed him to. The other boy was taller than him, he had brown fluffy hair and a wide smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Sato Riku, we'll be partners for today I'm guessing," The boy introduced, holding his hand out.

"Nakakita Yuma," Yuma replied, hesitantly shaking the hand of the latter.

"In your pairs, you'll be given a list, you both must work together to figure out what these items are and take photos of them. The first group back will be given extra credit," The teacher explained as she handed out the lists to the groups.

Yuma took the paper and looked at the list. It was full of riddles. As he read the list, he felt something press against his waist and an arm go around his neck.

"Wow, seems like we have a lot to do," Riku said as he read over Yuma's shoulder.

"Do you mind getting off?" Yuma asked, staring at their conjoined hips and the latter's arm around his neck.

"C'mon, we're gonna get to know each other, so it's better to be comfortable. You're so cute, Yuma," Riku replied as he messed up Yuma's hair with his hand.

Yuma rolled his eyes and flicked Riku's arm away, and stepped away from him slightly. K stood with his partner, glaring at the two who seemed close. Seeing Riku be so intimate with him made his blood boil. He kept on glaring until his eyes hurt and when the teacher called for him.

"Third years, you need to help supervise the first years," The teacher instructed.

All of the third years nodded in unison, and K felt relieved.

Wait, why am I relieved? K asked himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a short chapter!!!

- Rin