TWENTY THREE

K pressed his ear against the door, his jaw dropping at Maki's question.

"Maki... What did you just ask!?" K whispered to himself.

Yuma walked down the hallway and saw K pressing his head against the student council room door. He walked up to him, not wanting K to disrupt Maki's learning.

"What are you doing here again? I told you that-"

"Shh!"

K pushed Yuma against the wall and covered his mouth. Yuma's eyes widened at the sudden contact. His cheeks began to turn pink, but K's eyes were on the door of the council room. Yuma and K eavesdropped on the two boy's conversation on the other side of the door.

"A-A date?" Harua replied in shock, his cheeks turning pink.

"Y-yes..."

I wasn't meant to say that! Why did that come out?! Maki thought to himself, mentally kicking himself.

"If you don't want to, that's fine... I just wanted to ask..."

"I'll go on a date with you," Harua replied, not being able to make eye contact with his junior.

"Wait... Really!?" Maki replied in shock.

"Yes..." Harua said, still looking down.

"I guess I'll see you after school then?" Maki asked, his voice shaking a bit.

"Okay then... Have fun in your classes, Maki," Harua said as he turned back to his book on the table.

K and Yuma heard Maki's steps grow closer to the door and K grabbed Yuma's wrist, dragging him down the hallway. Once they made it out of that specific corridor, the two panted, tired from running.

"Can you... Let go of my wrist now?" Yuma asked, still catching his breath.

K looked down and saw his hand gripping on Yuma's wrist. He let go and crossed his arms.

"I only did that so we could get away. Don't get any weird ideas, Nakakita," K said.

"Who said I was getting weird ideas?" Yuma replied, rolling his eyes.

K's ears turned pink from embarrassment. Euijoo's words repeated in his head.

"Maybe Yuma's on your case because he likes you."

Even though Euijoo's words were about Yuma liking K, why did K's heart beat so fast after realising he was holding onto Yuma's wrist?

"Koga senpai, next time you're eavesdropping on someone, I'd appreciate it if you don't pin me against the wall," Yuma said as he started to walk off, his cheeks still pink.

As Yuma left, K sat on the ground, burying his face in his hands. What had he just done? And why was it making him feel like that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some K Yuma for y'all

- Rin