Day to Day - 087

The streets of Alexandria were finally clear! It took them the extra week Rick predicted it too, but then all of the walker bodies were burnt up in piles a mile or so away from the walls of Alexandria. Brooks and Carl had been nearly inseparable since what happened... Happened. They agreed not to tell a single soul, apart from Sophia and Enid. The reason being that Sophia would probably have a mental breakdown if she found out they had been dating and she wasn't apart of the beginning of it, she was the biggest Crooks shipper there was. And, they had to tell Enid because Sophia would've told her anyways. The two were inseparable in a similar manner that Brooks and Carl were.

"I'm taking Judith to the park, wanna come?" Carl asked as he approached Brooks in her bedroom. He found her sitting on her bed and reading a book about the history of maps, she briefly looked up to him, marked her page, before putting the book down beside her.

"No." She smiled. "Thanks though, but finding out how America is portrayed on American made maps verses how it really looks is just way too interesting."

Carl's eyebrows raised slightly as he sat beside Brooks on her bed, gently wrapping his arm around her exposed leg. "How's that?"

"Well..." Brooks began, reaching a hand forward and placing it on his, rubbing her thumb gently back and forth against his skin. "Did you know that most American map manufacturers make America look bigger on maps than it actually is? I haven't gotten to the part on why yet, which is why I can't come to the park yet. I'll catch up with you guys later though?"

Sighing out dramatically, Carl nodded. "I suppose so." He said, sarcasm playing on his tone and a smirk pulling at his lips as he began tracing light patterns on her thigh. "The four year old just isn't as entertaining as you though."

"Take Soph and Enid." Brooks suggested.

"Can't, they're trying to bribe Daryl into taking a shower. I think if he says no this time they'll hose him down." Carl admitted.

Humming, Brooks thought about it for a moment. "Yea, no, I need to be there when they do that. I imagine he'll have a similar reaction to that of a cat."

"Probably." Carl agreed, he glanced to the door he closed behind him, before back to his girlfriend. "I'll see you later then?"

"Yea, see ya." Brooks smiled as Carl leaned in for a kiss. Her hands moved to the back of his neck as his lips moved with hers rhythmically, like they had been doing this for a year instead of just a week. Carl's hands went to her waist, gripping it tightly with need. Brooks moved her leg so it was draped over Carl's lap, and she was inching closer when the door burst open and both teenagers jumped apart.

Rhea stood there, grinning a shit eating grin that stretched out her face. "Hey, kids."

"I'm off to the park with Judith." Carl announced, hurriedly getting off of the bed and nearly running out of the room.

Biting down on her bottom lip, and crossing her legs, Brooks tried to smile innocently at Rhea. "Hey, girl." She said, but it came out all high pitched and awkward.

Rhea giggled, leaning against the door. "So... You and Cotton Eyed Joe, huh?"

"What?" Brooks scoffed. "Nothin' was happenin', and don't call 'im that. He's still hurt."

"Sorry." Rhea nodded in understanding. "Listen, I'm not gonna go snitch to your dads or anything, don't worry. Just don't get pregnant, okay?"