Horvarth - 030

For the rest of the day, Cam was teaching Brooks how to fight back. How to be strong. He tried to press her to find out what was wrong, but she shut him down. He decided not to push her too far once she was adamant about keeping the information to herself. Luckily, she was picking up the fighting skills quickly. She knew some basics that her father had taught her, but not really anything useful that she could use against him. Cam was teaching her how to fight back against people twice her size, of course there was no way she'd win every fight, but at least now she had a fighting chance. 

Dale had been going around every single person on the farm he could find. Even Shane, who he absolutely hated, and for good reason. Dale was advocating for Randall to keep his life; he wasn't entirely sure of what to do once the decision was made to keep Randall alive. However, he knew the group could figure it out once they put their heads together after realising they couldn't kill Randall. Those were Dale's thoughts. He was a noble man.

"Alright, if someone pulls your hair from behind, what'd you do?" Cam asked, before drinking a large sip of water.

Brooks thought for a second, she'd been doing the actions for several hours, talking about them would be different. "Go for the dick, and/or the inner elbow."

Cam grinned. "Yea, let's say crotch though, huh? And always try for the and. There's no such thing as too much when it comes to self defence. I want you to remember that."

"I will." Brooks smiled.

"Cam." A third party joined the conversation. Cam and Brooks turned to see none other than the eldest member of the group, Dale. "I need to talk to you about Randall."

"No need." Cam responded. "Andrea told me what you're doing today, just know that I'm on your side. I don't think killing that boy is necessary, he hasn't given us a reason too, yet."

A smile pulled on Dale's lips. "Well, good to finally hear that. It feels like I've been going in circles all damn day."

Brooks nodded. "I agree with ya, Dale. I spoke to Randall myself, he don't seem like enough harm to warrant murder."

Dale scoffed, his smile vanishing. "Great, the child murderer agrees with me. My campaign isn't looking so good right now." He commented, before beginning to walk away.

"Dale, lose the attitude, man. You're six decades older than her, there isn't a need to be-" Cam was interrupted.

"Isn't a need?" Dale side eyed Cam and Brooks. "That girl has blood on her hands. At least the rest of us haven't scooped to her level. Yet. It's what I'm trying to prevent."

"She didn't-" Cam started.

"Don't bother." Brooks interrupted. "He's entitled to his opinion of me. It's alrigh', Dale. I hope you win them over."

Dale nodded at her, but walked away without a word. Just at Brooks and Cam thought they could slip back into their peaceful afternoon, a yell was heard by the both of them. "Brooks Marliya Dixon!" Merle's angry voice yelled as he and Daryl stormed over to the pair who were close to the camp, but more just surrounded by field. Plenty of space to practise fighting. Especially on the green grass which was yellowing with autumn, and the blue sky which slowly turned white with clothes. Slowly, and surely, the day's air was getting colder and crisper. Autumn was here, and winter wouldn't be far behind.

"Oh, no. The full name. I might die today, Cam. It was nice knowing you." Brooks told him, trying to use humour to hide her nerves. She couldn't be sure that Merle wouldn't hit her again, so she stepped towards Cam. She remembered his promise to never let her family hit her again.

Cam looked between Daryl and Merle. "Problem here, gents?"

"Yea." Daryl snapped. "Hell you doin' talkin' to Randall? Do you know what his people did to little girls like you?"