Don't Make Me Go - 040

Rick and Merle had come out of Woodbury. Daryl hadn't. They were all hiding by this old, abandoned train cart. Marliya, Brooks, Merle, Maggie, Glenn and Rick. Oscar was dead. Daryl was missing. "Where the hell is he?" Merle muttered to himself.

"Come on, Daryl." Rick said to himself, reloading his gun.

"That- that man who died?" Brooks asked, her voice wavering in sadness. She hadn't known that man, but she was quite literally with him when he died. "What was 'is name?"

Maggie looked to her with pity, before she wrapped her arm around Brooks' shoulders and pulled her in, keeping the young girl close. "Oscar, sweetie. His name was Oscar."

There was a rustling sound behind the group. Everyone turned hoping it was Daryl, Marliya turned hoping it was her sister. Marliya smiled as she watched her twin crawl out from underneath the abandoned train cart. Rick stood up, pointing his gun at her. "Where the hell were you?"

Marliya payed no mind to him, helping up her sister. "Are you okay?"

"Fine." Michonne responded, leaning slightly onto her twin.

"Hey, hey. Put your hands up. Both of you." Rick ordered.

Marliya scoffed. "Me, too? I didn't fuckin' run away."

Michonne whacked his sister's arm, but they both begrudgingly raised their arms. Merle was staring at Marliya with his bottom lip sucked in between his teeth, and his brow furrowed. "Who are those women?" Brooks asked, looking between the two women. It was obvious they were new to the group.

Merle slightly jumped at the sound of her voice, before he turned to her. He rested his hand on her cheek. "Nobody you have to worry 'bout, Bambi." He tapped gently, before moving his hand to her knee.

Brooks looked back to the two women. The Michonne woman, who she'd yet to meet kept looking at her. It was clear she was trying to contain some sort of reaction as her eyes flickered between Merle and Marliya. However, her attention was pulled away momentarily by Glenn removing her sword. Maggie removed all three of Marliya's guns from her person. While Michonne couldn't stop looking at Brooks, Marliya had barely even glanced at her since getting over the original shock of her presence. 

"Get what you came for?" Rick asked, ignoring where Michonne's eyes had been travelling.

Michonne didn't answer the question, keeping her agenda quiet. "Where are the rest of your people?"

"They got Oscar." Glenn hissed, angrily. He'd grown quite fond of the man over the very short amount of time they'd spent together.

"Daryl's missin', you didn't see 'im?" Merle asked her. Michonne shook her head, trying to conceal her look of pity as she turned back to Brooks. Brooks wasn't too worried, she assumed the Governor wouldn't hurt him, she assumed her people wouldn't hurt him because she made the mistake of assuming she was with good people.

Rick clenched his jaw in anger. "If anythin' happens to him, I'll-"

Marliya interrupted, not liking the way Rick was threatening her sister. "We brought you here to save those two. Those two have been saved. Any collateral damage isn't on us."

Merle scoffed, shaking his head. "What do you know about collateral damage?"

Brooks furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at the man. "What're you talkin' 'bout?"

Rick looked over, him and Merle shared looks before Rick changed the conversation away from Brooks' question. "Thanks for the help." Rick said, looking between Michonne and Marliya. The way he said it was clearly an indicator for them to leave.