Ole Brother of Mine - 047

It had been four days since Andrea's visit, and Brooks found out who her mum was. Marliya had been keeping to herself, and hadn't said a word to anyone about anything. Other than Michonne, of course, she always spoke to her twin. It had been two days since Andrea had set up a meeting between the Governor and Rick. Rick brought Daryl, Hershel, Cam and Brooks. Brooks didn't want to go, but it was one of the Governor's requests to make sure she was okay, so, Rick obeyed. Hershel was there to be the voice of reason, Daryl and Cam were there to be the back up muscle just in case.

Withdrawal took its tole on Cam over those four days. A way above normal heart rate and pulse, vomiting, he was so nauseous he couldn't eat a thing! His hands shook so badly, Brooks had to help him drink a simple glass of water. He was irritable, and anxious. Since Brooks was really the only one taking care of him, he snapped at her a lot but it didn't scare her away or bother her. His insomnia was awful, but during the nights where he would lay awake and Brooks would sit by his side, he apologised to her for his behaviour throughout the day - before he threw up on himself and Brooks had to clean him up. However, he got better towards the end of the forth day.

Cam wasn't going to go, but as soon as Rick revealed the Governor wanted Brooks there, he volunteered without hesitation. Merle was going to go too, but Cam refused not to go and Rick didn't want to scare the Governor with too many armed men. Also, someone had to stay and be responsible for Will and his actions.

It was a three hour drive to the old, abandoned place that the Governor and Rick would have their meeting. Daryl had driven on his motorbike, while Rick drove the silver Toyota, Hershel was in passenger while Cam and Brooks sat silently in the backseat. Cam slept most of the way there. Rick got out of the car, to go speak to Daryl. "You three stay here." Rick let out, before he patted Daryl on the shoulder and the two began to wander.

The place they were meeting was a factory that had many large silver, rusting water tanks surrounding it. There was different buildings to the main factory, too, smaller but in the same state as the dry water tanks. Daryl led him and Rick through the maze of tanks, pipes and walls, his crossbow raised in his arms as they maneuvered their way through. Towards the back of the property, was a run down bar where the workers used to gather after long shifts, that was where the Governor has proposed a meeting.

"Grandpa Hershel." Brooks let out, the nickname had stuck since she jokingly said it.

A smile pulled at his lips, he'd always liked the thought of being a grandfather. "Yes, pumpkin?"

"Do you think the Governor is gonna try 'n' pull a fast one on us?" She asked, leaning on the seat in front of her.

Hershel pushed out a heavy breath. "I'd like to believe that he won't. He can't have lost all of his humanity with the fall."

Brooks nodded, but was still worried. Cam reached forward and put his metal hand on her small shoulder. "Doesn't matter what goes down, we won't let anything happen to you." He tried.

Brooks looked to his hand, before back up to his pale, pleading face. The face that screamed, 'please don't hate me', and of course she could never hate him. Addiction is a disease, Brooks knew that, and she wouldn't let him die of it. "It's not me I'm worried about."

/----------\

Rick and Daryl had found the Governor, so they went back for Hershel, Cam and Brooks. They drove closer to the smaller building to the back of the property. When they approached, they saw the Governor standing outside, calmly with his hands in his pockets. Rick got out of the car, Daryl hopped off his bike again. Hershel hobbled out using his crutches, and Cam escorted Brooks out. Both his hands on her shoulders, he hadn't looked at the Governor yet.