You Die Tomorrow - 017

The group left the shopping outlet with little problems. They dealt with a few walkers, but nothing they couldn't handle. Rick had made a decision to save fuel. Shane had to say goodbye to his car, and the Dixons had to say goodbye to their truck. Daryl kept his motorcycle that had been on the back. Rick, Lori, Carl, Carol, Sophia, Chris, Cam and Shane went in the mini bus. Dale, Andrea, Merle, T-dog, Glenn, and Brooks were in the RV. Dale was driving, Andrea in passenger, Glenn sat on the sofa with Brooks, T-dog was resting on the bed in the back, while Merle sat on the table.

All of a sudden, Andrea got out of her seat and walked to sit opposite Merle. Merle raised his eyebrows at her. "Can I help you?" He asked.

Andrea pulled out her gun from her bag, and put it on the table. "I want you to show me how to use it."

"You know how to shoot." Merle pointed out.

Andrea hummed. "I'm aware of that. But, I don't know how to take it apart, clean it, and assemble it again. I want you to show me."

"What's in it for me?" Merle raised an eyebrow, a teasing smirk on his face. Andrea narrowed her eyes, so he rolled his. "Fine." He reached forward and took the gun, looking it over. "This is a sweet piece."

"It was a gift. From my father." Andrea responded, smiling fondly at the memory. "He gave it to me just before Amy and me took off on our road trip. He said: 'two girls on their own should be able to defend themselves.' He was a good man."

Merle smacked his lips together. "I didn't ask, but okay. You wanna learn or not?" Andrea nodded, and so, they began.

/----------\

It was about thirty minutes later, when Dale was huffing in annoyance. "Oh, geez." 

Glenn and Brooks stopped their game of eye spy to look and see what Dale was looking at. They couldn't see much, but there was a pile up of cars. Including a toppled over truck. Dale stopped just before it, waiting for Daryl to come back since he'd ventured in on his motorcycle. Brooks stood up, impatiently, trying to see. "What're we gonna do?" Brooks asked.

Nobody responded, unsure of how too. "See a way through?" Dale asked Daryl when he circled back.

Glenn pulled Brooks to sit back down when the RV started driving again. They made it about fifteen feet before there was a loud pop from the front of the RV which made Brooks jump. Dale had to slow to a stop as the smoke started flying up from the engine. The mini bus stopped behind the RV, as everyone started leaving the vehicles, Daryl stopped his motorcycle to walk over.

"I said it, didn't I say it? Dead in the water." Dale complained.

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asked, sarcastically.

"Oh, just the small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of..." Dale trailed off, nodding. "Okay, that was dumb."

"If you can't rind a radiator hose here." Merle clicked his tongue.

Brooks quickly got bored of the conversation, walking to stand by Sophia since Chris was looking at the engine with Glenn and Dale. "You two look so cute in your matching tops." Carol said, tapping each of their noses to distract them from what was going on.

Sophia and Brooks smiled at each other. Both of them loving that they had the same light blue top on, each had a beautiful, bright, colourful rainbow on the front. Before either girl had a chance to respond, they heard Lori speak. "This is grave yard."

"That got dark." Brooks muttered.

"I don't know how I feel about this." Lori continued, not hearing Brooks.