CHAPTER EIGHTY SEVEN

"Tae Pyung's necklace"

Side story

The King is still pretending that he's sick while waiting for the Crown Prince to be back at the palace. It's Eon Jin requested. Eon Jin told to the King what Wol Sook told her about Prince Yu Shin is plotting something to gain the throne and it's better to be careful while waiting for the Crown Prince and General Son return to the palace.

He manage to make his brother believe that he still sick. Even the Queen Dowager and the Queen knew about his pretending. They kept his true condition to make Prince Yu Shin fall on his own trap.

The Queen Dowager is always at the King side especially when infront of the Ministers to make them believe that the King is not okay.

"It looks like your conditions is getting worst, Your Majesty..." One of the Minister said. "And the Crown Prince is still not returning here in the palace." He added. Minister Kim of Agriculture is silently listening and observing the minister. Just like General Son, he's always loyal to the King and that is why he's so happy that his granddaughter Lady Su Jin is finally accepted to be Princess So Hee's Tutor.

Prince Yu Shin smirked. He gave his signal to one of the minister who is on his side. "I heard some rumor about the Crown Prince... He make us believe that he went to the western border to help General Son. However, there's a rumor that keep spreading that the Crown Prince is secretly meeting some Nobles and government officials to gain power and assurance that he will be the next King. " The minister said. "I hope is not true,  Your Majesty... " He added.

King Tae Shin clench his fist under the table trying to control his anger. The Queen Also started to get mad because of what she's been hearing. "It's only a baseless rumor... Don't make judgement while the Crown Prince is risking his life just to protect Silla and General Son." The Queen Dowager said. 'Prince Yu Shin... The Crown Princess is right... You're plotting something... ' In Queen Dowager's mind.

Prince Yu Shin let out a small smile. "Your Majesty... The King is became weaker everyday and the Crown Prince is not here. Maybe it's time to make a suggestion for the sake of the throne." The other one said. The Queen Dowager and the King exchanging glances. "What do you mean? " The Queen Dowager said.

"May I suggest that Prince Yu Shin will temporary act as the King to fulfill the duty and responsibility of you while you're weak and ill, Your Majesty." The other Minister said. "What?! You're being ridiculous." The Queen Dowager said and started to get annoyed. The King wants to talk but he control himself and act he's weak.

"Your Majesties... Listen to our appeal... Let Prince Yu Shin take your position for awhile..." Some of the Ministers said.

"Aniyo! The King is still alive... No one can take the throne from him until he's alive. And the Crown Prince is his successor so let's wait the Crown Prince to return here at the palace. " The Queen Dowager said.

Prince Yu Shin smirked because he saw how mad the Queen Dowager is. "But Your Royal Highness... The King is already weak and we couldn't trust the Crown Prince because of that rumor. We need to secure the throne first. And I think Prince Yu Shin is the most trusted one for the throne." The Minister said.

"Your Majesties... Please hear us..." They said.

"Let's wait the Crown Prince and let the King decide about that matter." Prince Yu Shin said and let out a fake smile. The King and the Queen Dowager look at him with confusion.