CHAPTER ONE

Meet the Royal Family

Before the wedding

"Hail for Crown Prince Tae Pyung!" Chief Eunuch Chi Su shouted. "Long live, Crown Prince Tae Pyung!" The crowd shouted. King Tae Shin is happily presented his second son Kim Tae Pyung as the new Crown Prince of Silla. Queen Han Soo and Queen Dowager Shin Ji are also happy for the new Crown Prince. However, Tae Pyung as the Crown Prince itself is not that happy. He only wants to live a normal life of a prince but his life suddenly change when his older brother died in war, he is the late Crown Prince Tae Hyun. His brother's wife dethroned by the Queen Dowager because she failed to give an heir before her husband died.

"Crown Prince you must always wear your smile in times like this.." Chief Eunuch whispered. Tae Pyung let out a deep sigh before he force himself to smile. "Chief Eunuch, I will act what you want me to do but promise me one thing..." He said. Chief Eunuch Chi Su look at him. "You will let me escape and meet Lady Sora tonight.." Tae Pyung said as he smile mischievously. He smile when he saw Chi Su let out a deep sigh as a sign of his defeat.

On the other table the two queens are talking about his marriage. "Queen Han Soo, you must push the royal wedding immediately. Our Crown Prince need to have an heir. If he will die like his older brother without a child who will gain his throne... The King will be dethrone and Prince Yu Shin will be the next king and his Son Woo Sung will take the role as the Crown Prince." Queen Dowager said.

Because of his love to Queen Han Soo, King Tae Shin ( Tae Pyung's father) reject to had a concubine.

"Don't worry, Your Highness.. I will gather all the ladies from the well known families and list them to the selection process for a Crown Princess position." Queen Han Soo said. Queen Dowager smile and sip her tea. "There's one thing I want to ask you..." The Queen Dowager said. Queen Han Soo look at her. "What is it, Your Highness?" She said. "Make sure that the only daughter of General Son Tae Jin will join the selection process." Queen Dowager said. Queen Han Soo look at her with confusion. "Are you eyeing his daughter for being the Crown Princess?" Queen Han Soo ask. She wants the best for her child Tae Pyung so she wants him to get marry to the woman he really love. Queen Dowager smile while smelling her tea. "I just heard a positive rumor about her..." She said.

🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎

"Lady Eon Jin! Come back here..." Wol Sook said. She's running and try to chase Eon Jin. The only daughter of General Son Tae Jin. She's bubbly, mischievous and she has a beauty that every women wanted. Eon Jin laugh while trying to escape to Wol Sook. "Aigoo... My Lady... Please wait for me..." Wol Sook said while breathing heavily. Eon Jin laughters filled the entire market as she keep running. She disguise herself as a man for her not to get caught by her father or one of her brothers.

Eon Jin wants to live like a normal lady. Although she can do whatever she wants and she can go wherever she wanted to go but she's always with Wol Sook, her court lady. She wants to walk freely without someone tag along with her. She wants to talk to someone freely especially the people from a lower rank.

"OH!" Eon Jin didn't saw the stone on her way and she accidentally step on it. She is about to fall when someone manage to hold her on her waist and catch her.

Eon Jin slowly open her eyes and saw a familiar face of a man, it was Jung Woo Sung. Jung Woo Sung is her childhood bestfriend and he is four years older than her. Eon Jin immediately released her body from his hold as she stood up. "I'm sorry..." She said and try to make a man's voice.

Wol sook saw them as she top from chasing her when she saw Woo Sung. "Aigoo..." Wol Sook said while hiding her body in one of the cart in the market.

She make bow as she trying to escape. She walk passed through him, "Where are you going, Lady Eon Jin!?" Woo Sung said. Eon Jin stop from her walk and bite her lips when Woo Sung recognized her. Woo Sung smile and stand up infront of her. He move closer his face to her and then he smile again. "You think I can't recognize you?" Woo Sung said. Eon Jin look at him and forcely smile with her pair of eye smile. "Oppa... Please can you slide this one? Don't tell to my father about this, huh?" Eon Jin said. Woo Sung look at her and he saw Wol Sook slowly walking towards to them. "Arasso... But I'll send you to your home now, Eon Jin... You must listen to Wol Sook. It's dangerous for you to stay here outside when it's getting dark." Woo Sung said. Eon Jin's smile faded. "Lady Eon Jin... Let's go back home, you're mother is getting worried about you..." Wol Sook said. Eon Jin gave her a death glared and return her eyes to Woo Sung. "Oppa, there's a little girl I want to visit today. She's sick and I want to see her." Eon Jin said. "I'll promise, I will go back as soon as I saw her...." Eon Jin said. Woo Sung let out a deep sigh. Knowing Eon Jin, she will never get home if she can visit that girl. She has a soft heart especially in the people from the lower rank of the society. She always did her best to help them especially for sick people.

"Arasso... But I'll go with you... It's dangerous if I let you and Wol Sook to go there alone." Woo Sung said. Eon Jin smile as she happily nodded.

🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎

Tae Pyung walking back and forth to his chamber as he wanted to go outside. "Your Highness..." Chi Su called. Tae Pyung immediately stop when he heard his voice. "Let's go? Did you relay my message to Lady Sora?" Tae Pyung said. Chi Su nodded. "Yes, Your Highness... Her court lady told me that she will be waiting on you on your secret place." Chi Su said. Tae Pyung smile and pack the medicine and herbs books. He is excited to give it to Sora, he remember how her books being fell to the cliff from saving him when they were a kid.

With Man Bok one of the junior Eunuch in the palace, Tae Pyung escape and disguise himself as a noble man. He was walking so fast when he Accidentally bump his cousin Woo Sung. He immediately cover his face with his fan. "I'm sorry..." He said. "It's okay..." Woo Sung said as he trying to look at Tae Pyung's face. "Oppa!" Eon Jin called. Tae Pyung and Woo Sung automatically look on where the voice is. Eon Jin smile as she walk towards to them. Tae Pyung look at her and her eyes somehow familiar to him. "Let's go, your father is waiting on you..." Woo Sung said to Eon Jin. Tae Pyung immediately turn his back on them and walk fast away from Woo Sung. Woo Sung and Eon Jin look at him from  a far. "You know him?" Eon Jin asked. Woo Sung shake his head, "No..." He said. "Let's go?" He said. Eon Jin happily nodded.

Tae pyung stop from his walk and look again to Woo Sung and Eon Jin who are now walking. "Your Highness, are you okay?" Man Bok said. Tae Pyung nodded. "The man beside with my cousin... I think I saw his eyes before..." Tae Pyung said.

🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎🎎

Author's note

Why I felt pressured on writing this... Maybe this is my first time to write historical or saeguk stories 😁😅 I hope I can make this story a good one 😊

Love lot's,
Ms. Seri12