CHAPTER FIFTY

"BETRAYAL"

With her Trembling hand, Mi Deok mix the medicine to Eon Jin's tea. This medicine was made from calia flowers. As she wipe her tears, she remind herself that she needs to do this for her sister's sake. But at the same time, she remember how the crown princess treat her. She never once feel that she's a servant everytime that she's with Princess Eon Jin.

Flashback

"Mi Deok!!! Come here.." the Crown Princess called her. Mi Deok walk fast towards to where Eon Jin is seated. "Yes, Your Highness..." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin smile with her pair of eye smile and invite her to seat with her. "Have a seat and let's have a tea together, Mi Deok." Eon Jin said. Mi Deok got surprised, "But Your Highness... Im not allowed to eat with the Royals." Mi Deok said. "Just forget about it, it's a request from me.." Eon Jin said. "Your Highness... That's a rule  for us being a royal servant." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin pout her lips, "But your not a servant for me, Mi Deok..." Eon Jin said. Mi Deok look at her eyes, "I told you, you're my friend just like Wol Sook to me.." She added. "I wish Wol Sook is here too, for us to have some bond together." She added. Mi Deok got emotional when she heard it. Eon Jin release a deep sigh before she speak. "All my royal court ladies take a seat and all of you have some tea and biscuits." Eon Jin said. "Your Highness??" All of them got shocked. "That's a command from me..." She added. "Yes, Your Highness... Thank you for your kindness..." They all said.

Eon Jin return her eyes to Mi Deok, "Now, take a seat and join me..." Eon Jin said. Mi Deok smile as she trying to control her tears.

"I wish I could see your sister again.." Eon Jin said. "But I'm not allowed to go outside..." She added with a sad tone. Mi Deok smile as she listening. Eon Jin put a small box on the table and she give it to Mi Deok. "What's this, Your Highness?" Mi Deok asked. Eon Jin smile, "Just open it..." Eon Jin said.

Mi Deok slowly open the small box and to her surprised it's a beautiful crystal jade hair pin. "It's a gift for you, Mi Deok... The small one is for your sister, Mi Joo." Eon Jin said. Mi Deok look at to Eon Jin, "Your Highness... This is too much.." She said. Eon Jin smile. "Aniyo.... That's my thank you for taking care of me. Don't worry I also have one for Wol Sook and me." Eon Jin said. Mi Deok couldn't control her tears and escape it from her eyes.

"I'm waiting for the day that you can use that hair pin freely." Eon Jin said. "But I can't use this, Your Highness... A servant not allowed to wear this beautiful and expensive hair pin. A servant like me is can't live a life like yours Your Highness.." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin hold her hand, "I don't believe that... You can change your life, Mi Deok... Maybe my fate is far different from your fate, but you can still choose the path for your own happiness." Eon Jin said. "There's a way for you to get a better life..." She added. Mi Deok look at her. "I talked to the Queen about you, And she grant my request. You will send to my parent's house and you can cotinue your study while your there. My mother also agree on my request so you don't have to worry." Eon Jin said.

Mi Deok cries because of the guilt on her heart and at the same time how Eon Jin's put a hope on her. "Your Highness... You don't need to do this... I don't deserve your kindness..." Mi Deok cried. "Eon Jin hold her hand and smile, "Everyone deserve to have chance to make a new life, Mi Deok. So please take this opportunity and build a new and better life for you and for Mi Joo." She said.

Mi Deok cried, 'If only I can, Your Highness....' In her mind.

End of Flashback

Mi deok throw the tea with calia flower as she decide not to do their plan. She make a new cup of tea without the medicine that Minister Min gave her.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Mi Deok is walking at the hallway towards to the Crown Prince's quarter with a tray of tea and biscuits on her hand when one of the palace guard approach her and he smirked. Mi Deok look at him. "Take this and make sure that the Crown Princess will take this tea... That's what  our Master want you to do it to save your sister's life." He said. Mi Deok freeze for a second. The guard take from her the tray and gave her a new tray with tea and biscuits. "This is to make sure that you will never betray our Master..." He whispered. Mi Deok tears fall from her eyes when she saw her sister favorite ribbon on the tray.

Meanwhile, Eon Jin is doing some embroidery in their room. It's a silk for her baby and she design it a crescent moon shape like her birth mark. She's smiling while doing it.

"Your Highness... It's time for your tea.." Mi Deok said. "Come In.." Eon Jin said.

Mi Deok try to remain herself calm for the Crown Princess not to notice her anxiousness. "Yah! I've been waiting for you... Why you come so late?" Eon Jin said. Mi Deok let out a small smile. "Wol Sook's mother send me a letter, she told me that Wol Sook will return soon." Eon Jin said. "I'm so excited because I plan to go outside and let's have some walk at the forest with Wol Sook." Eon Jin said as she let out a small laugh.

Mi Deok prepared her tea on the table with her trembling hand and Eon Jin notice it. "Are you okay, Mi Deok?" Eon Jin asked. Mi Deok look at her. "Your Highness.." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin look at her and pick her cup of tea when Mi Deok stop her. "Waeyo??" Eon Jin said. Mi Deok gain her courage to speak but when she was about to speak she saw a shadow outside the room. "Mi Deok, you look so pale... Are you okay? Do you want something tell me?" Eon Jin asked.

Mi Deok look at to Eon Jin, "Your Highness..." She called. Eon Jin is waiting for her. "I just want to thank you for everything... Thank you for the special bond together... I will never forget it... I'm sorry because... Because I don't deserve your kindness Your Highness..." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin got confused and look at her with puzzlement, "It's sudden... What's wrong?" Eon Jin asked. "Nothing... Your Highness... If you are allow to go outside, please visit the large tree near the west side gate. That's Mi joo's favorite place to play." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin smile as she nodded, "Yah! Arasso..." Eon Jin said.

Mi Deok take the cup of tea and gave it to Eon Jin. "it's time for your tea Your Highness... It will get cold..." Mi Deok said. Eon Jin smile and take it. "Thank you, Mi Deok..." She said.