CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

"Mi Joo"

Side story

Mi Joo is crying while keep on running to escape. "I'm going to find you, Eonnie...." She said while her tears continue to flow from her eyes.  She stop running when she saw a cave  in the middle of the forest. She decide to go inside to hide herself. She stop when her attention caught by one corner of the cave.

It has a man made door that full of vine plants. It seems like that it's abandoned for how many years. Mi Joo gulped as she slowly walk towards to the door. She slowly open it and went inside.

She slowly walking through the darkness and try to find something that she can use to light the room. She saw a square glass lantern and she immediately open it.

Her eyes widen when she saw that it was not an ordinary corner. It seems  like an abandon playhouse. "What is this?" Mi Joo said when she saw a different kinds of dry herbal leaves inside the jar.

Mi Joo seated in the bed that made from bamboos and has a comforter on top of it. She hug her knees and look at her bracelet that her older sister gave to her. "Eonnie.... I'm so scared!" She cried. "Where are you? I had a bad dream... In my dream, I... Couldn't find you.... Eonnie... I miss you.." She said.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Present days

"Your Majesty...." Eon Jin said. King Tae Shin smile and invite her to sit. "Crown Princess.... Is there anything you want to tell me?" He said. Eon Jin smile. "Yes, Your Majesty..." She said. "Honestly, I have a request..." She added. "What is it? You can tell me..." The King said. "I know this is too much to ask but can I have Mi Deok's ashes, Your Majesty?" Eon Jin said. The King got surprised on what he heard. "Can I know why, Crown Princess?" He asked. "Even if she betrayed me and had an attempt to harm me and my baby, she still my friend, Your Majesty. I want to give her a proper burial and gave her ashes to her family." Eon Jin said with her teary eyes. "Please allow me to do it for Mi Deok, Your Majesty..." Eon Jin said. "Allow me to look for her younger sister... She needs to know what happened to her sister, Your Majesty..." Eon Jin said. The King look at her and let out a deep sigh. He thinking about her safety but he knew that if he didn't allow her, she will get lonely and he didn't want it because she's conceiving the royal baby.

"Arasso.... I will let you but you must with Wol Sook and some royal palace guards. You must promise me that you will take care of yourself and the royal baby, Crown Princess..." The King said. Eon Jin smile widely with her pair of eye smile. "Thank you Your Majesty... I'll promise that I will be very careful and extra cautious..." Eon Jin said.

The King smile widely while looking at her.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️

Tae Pyung is with Woo Sung having their tea on the balcony at the west side of the palace. "Hyung... I already had a hint who's the master mind on the  attempt to harm the Crown Princess and our baby." He said. Woo Sung stop from drinking his tea and look at him. "Who is it?" Woo Sung asked. Tae Pyung let out a deep sigh before he speak. "Minister Min..." Tae Pyung said. Woo Sung look at him. "How sure of you that he's the one behind it? And why you keep hiding it, you must arrest him to make sure that the Crown Princess is safe." Woo Sung said. "I know but I don't have a solid evidence to prove it, hyung." Tae Pyung said as he frustrated. "Princess Eon Jin told me about the forest incident wherein you saved her back then. I investigate it before Mi Deok came to our lives and I found out that Minister Min paid the assassin by a expensive items that Man Bok found it in the middle of the forest." Tae Pyung said. Woo Sung got shocked. "So the assassin that I fought that day, is one of Minister Min's man?" Woo Sung asked. Tae Pyung nodded. "And Princess Eon Jin told me last time that assassin is also had a suicide by eating a rare seeds just like what happened to the assassin that you caught at the hallway." Tae Pyung explained. Woo Sung clench his fist as he stood up."hyung..." Tae Pyung called. "I need to go to Minister Min... Your Highness, the life of the crown princess is in danger if we let him live outside the jail." Woo Sung said with anger on his face.

Tae Pyung stop him. "Hyung... I understand what you feel but... We need to take it slow and gathered more evidence so he couldn't escape through this." Tae Pyung said. Woo Sung punch the table because of frustration. "Your Highness, I will do everything to help you so you can arrest him for Princess Eon Jin's sake." Woo Sung said. Tae Pyung look at him and saw in his eyes the feelings towards to the Crown Princess. "I take my leave now, Your Highness... I need to breath some fresh air." Woo Sung said as he left him alone. Tae Pyung look at him from a far, "Hyung... I'm happy that you're willing to protect her but at the same time... I'm worried that your feelings to Eon Jin will go deeper..." He whispered.

Meanwhile, Eon Jin is on the shrine at the east side of the palace. She put the vase with Mi Deok's ashes inside on the top of the table. She light some incensed candles and she seated infront of it. Wol Sook is behind her with some royal court ladies and royal palace guards.

"Mi Deok, I'm sorry... I couldn't help you that day... But I promise to see your sister Mi Joo and gave her a better life just like the promise I made to you before." She said. "If there is another life, let's meet there and be friends.... A very close friend, Mi Deok..." She said and she started to cry.

Tae Pyung is watching her from the outside. She's so soft and kind to anyone that's what she makes him worried more. Physician Kwon approach him when he saw him. "Your Royal Highness...." Physician Kwon said. Tae Pyung look at him. Physician Kwon see the crown princess inside the shrine. "She's indeed beautiful inside and out, Your Royal Highness..." Physician Kwon said. "That's her strength for being the future Queen of Silla." He added. Tae Pyung smile as he nodded, "You're right, Physician Kwon... I'm lucky to have her as my crown Princess." He said.

Physician Kwon look at him. "There's something you need to know, Your Royal Highness..." Physician Kwon said. Tae Pyung look at him with puzzlement, "What is it?" He asked. "The vision that I saw about your future heir, Your Royal Highness..." Physician Kwon said. Tae Pyung got surprised, "Did you see vision about my child? Tell me what is it, Physician Kwon... I want to know about it." He said.

The royal baby will have her mother's gift of healing plus an ability that can protect himself from danger." Physician Kwon said. Tae Pyung got shocked as he listen to what Physician Kwon is telling. "That's why when Her Highness continue to take the medicine that can cause infertile and miscarriage, the royal baby was safe and healthy because of his ability to protect himself."Physician Kwon said. Tae Pyung smile widely, "I'm happy to know that our baby has an ability like that." Tae Pyung said. "But Your Royal Highness... However, you must protect the Crown Princess during her pregnancy... I also saw on my vision someone wants to kill the royal baby and the Crown Princess." Physician Kwon said. "Maybe he can protect himself but the Crown Princess couldn't... She's in  great danger, Your Royal Highness..." physician Kwon said. Tae Pyung feel anxiousness while looking to Eon Jin.

⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️⛩️