Author's Talk To The Moon

Looking back through my journey, I've been through a lot and I can also say that this book had been to. My dreams started with this book and I'm pretty sure it won't end here as I have many stories to tell -- to you and not just only to the moon.

I could faintly remember, the first time I wrote this book, it wasn't titled Tale of a Moon, it was Sol and Luna. It wasn't inspired by Geiko's song but I liked that song back then and the title so I named the book that. The concept was also inspired by my friend -- it was pandemic and we were stuck with modules, he asked us if we know about eclipses and I started getting into the lore. 

Fun Fact: Some of the names of my character were inspired by my long-year-friendship, only in past works though.

I don't have the copy of my earliest works as this book went through drafts and drafts and drafts. Nakailang revision na ata ang trilogy na ito and hopefully, hindi mademonyo ang kamay ko na baguhin ito because I should think that I need to move to other stories and explore other themes. 

During writing the epilogue of the first- first draft, I was also in  a bad state as the world closes and I was deprived of human interactions. I could remember curling up into a ball, my Samsung phone in hand, salty tears in my cheeks and that one yellow bright lamp that was my project before the world succumbed into an epidemic, lighting me. I was so down at that time because I started to become insecure of my face (the line: lahat naman ng maganda, kung titignan mo ito ng mabuti, from the oldest version) it was derived from that emotion. Also, the first ones didn't actually started with Luna being born but her entering highschool, hence the original forty chapters became fifty.

One of my goals during that time, while writing was to showcase that you can heal, that you can move forward from the chains of the past, that you can do it without anyone. Sadly, that wasn't how it turn out and it became more of a damsel in distress story. Hopefully, I had made that one of goals, with the current version.  

This was only supposed to be the story in regards to all the characters, no RMMA or no AMD but I became attached to them kaya wala akong nagawa, sinulatan ko ng story silang lahat. 

I can say that this book had been through my thick and thin, my passionate era and my writing block era. This book withstand everything. I mean EVERYTHING.

I am happy now with this version, that's all I can say. 

Just like Luna, we experiences the up and down -- because we are human, its part of our life. Sometimes those down also, became rock bottom. You can't feel anything. Or you feel everything. You try to find an outlet -- a way to stop it, a cure, a numbing cream or had directed it. Because you just want it to stop, you want the thoughts to stop. But it will never go away with your methods because those are temporary. They won't make you feel enough. It's okay. It's okay to do those things, but what isn't okay is to dwell on it. To make it your home. Don't make temporary things your home and don't make sadness your home. Find hope in your loved ones, find hope in your hobbies, find hope in your future and find help. Find that rutilant rays of the sun. 

It's hard to go on. 

But that hardness?

It's for the better.

It's always for the better.

And Luna, realized that. That life will always goes on and it will never stop due to what happened to her.

Just like Luna, may you talk to the moon and I'm sure the moon answers back that it will get better.

- friableracounter 'thank you, im here for you"