Chapter 64 - Reminders

Start from the beginning

They soon reached Nisarg Empire and proceeded towards the parking lot.

"This is where I was supposed to reach. I didn't know you lived here too." Abeer glanced around the place.

"No, actually I shifted here very recently. For some reason."

"I see. Oh, where is your slot?" Abeer asked as he noticed most of the parking slots were already full.

"A little further. I'll tell you." Abhimanyu pointed.

They successfully parked in the designated space and left the car as Abeer extended his phone in front of Abhimanyu. "Could you tell me where this apartment might be?"

Abhimanyu checked the address and looked around. "Let's see. Umm..." While looking for a building, he spotted Drishti's car instead, making him wonder if she hadn't yet left.

"Abhimanyu?" Abeer brought him out of his thoughts.

"Oh, yes. See that building? I think yours is the one behind it."

"Cool, thanks!"

"No, thanks to you for dropping me here."

"No problem, see you later!"

Seeing Abeer off, Abhimanyu pretended to walk to his building's lift. Once near it, he realised he wasn't feeling like meeting Drishti again. He had yelled at her. For all the right reasons of course, but interacting with her so soon again was not what he would like. Not when he could still feel a simple wine's hold on him then.

Abhimanyu decided to wander off. Maybe spending some time in a garden could help.

Spinning around, he hit the trail towards Nisarg Empire's garden.

The garden was basically a jogging track passing through a mostly grass and bush-owned area. Medium-sized trees and a few saplings were planted every tens of feet away from each other. This gave the garden area a cool environment.

A few steps away was the play area consisting of slides and swings for kids along with other open gym equipment for everyone else.

Walking on the track, passing through the night lights buried in the soil beside, and the soft greenish glow reflected by the now-neon leaves all around, Abhimanyu reached the play area.

Before his eyes could register anything in the dark air, on his ears fell the sharp creaking sounds of a swing thoroughly blended with sweet chirps of night insects.

One step further was enough for him to be at an angle from where he could see a dim light highlighting the presence of someone on one of the swings there.

'Right. She always goes for swings in parks whenever she's upset.' Abhimanyu recalled his childhood with Drishti.

He couldn't help but stare at how innocently she sat there, her head hung low and her feet swaying along the swing's squeaky music.

There was no hint of regret on her face. No sign of guilt after getting called out. As if she genuinely had no idea about Abhimanyu's allegations.

By that time, Drishti had sensed someone's gaze on her. Looking up to find Abhimanyu in front of her, seemingly trying to read her face, she stiffened her expression.

With a firm stance, she walked towards him, stopping only a foot away from him.

"I don't know what's wrong with you anymore. I don't know what more to do for you. I don't even want to know. You've become too rude for anyone to put in effort to understand you. If something bothers you, the other person expects to get a full explanation. Not some randomly thrown words that end up confusing both of you. We used to fight a lot. But at least you were honest then. I won't deal with a liar now."