31 How Dare You!

After Prince Louis issued the command, the bodyguard who had been holding onto Lucy's arm acted almost instantly. Before anyone could react, he perfectly executed Prince Louis's order. "Aaahhh!!!" The clear sound of bones breaking rang out. In an instant, the woman's piercing screams echoed across the playground, sending shivers down my spine. The professors around us had faces ashen with shock as they urged the students, "Go back to the classrooms. Don't watch anymore!" Everyone scattered in a panic. Soon, only Olivia, Prince Louis, the bodyguard team, and I remained on the playground. Olivia and I both had pale faces. But the man who had given the command remained unfazed by what had just happened. He stood tall, looking down at Lucy, who was still being held by the bodyguard, unable to even roll on the ground due to the pain. With a calm tone, he asked, "Still not going to tell me? Then we can break another one." "I'll tell you! I'll tell you!" The pain in her broken bones was too much for Lucy to bear. She no longer cared about her appearance. Her once pretty face was now covered in tears and mucus, and her entire body trembled like a quail. The tender gaze she had directed at Prince Louis turned into fear, as if she had seen a malevolent spirit. Her teeth chattered as she said, "The bracelet was a gift from my boyfriend. He told me to teach Claire a lesson..." Prince Louis looked at me, and I shook my head in confusion. "But I don't even know your boyfriend!" "Of course," Lucy gasped, her eyes filled with resentment as she glared at me, "You're the famous Claire Gambino. How could you remember those men who pursued you but failed? He's been infatuated with you for so long, and he mentions you almost every time we go out!" I felt anger at her words. "Then go talk to your boyfriend. It's your freedom to argue or break up. You make your own choices. What does it have to do with me?" But Lucy didn't hear me at all, or perhaps she had completely immersed herself in her own world. She gasped for breath like a drowning dog, her teeth clenched as she said, "Why? Claire Gambino, why is your luck so good? You're beautiful, from a good family, and so many men are infatuated with you. Even without Joe, you have Prince Louis. And you don't have parents to control you. Your damn mother died and left you a huge inheritance—" Slap! Her words abruptly stopped. I rushed forward and slapped her hard. Lucy looked at me in disbelief as I stood there, trembling with anger. "How dare you—" I roared at her, my wolf growling furiously, like an enraged animal, "How dare you say such despicable things in front of me!" The scene fell into silence. No one spoke. I could only hear heavy panting coming from deep within my chest. Lucy covered her swollen cheek, glaring at me as if I were a monster. And when she lowered her hand, there were five distinct finger marks imprinted on her cheek. Prince Louis sighed and walked over, embracing me in his arms. He comfortingly stroked my hair. In his embrace, I slowly relaxed, letting out a low sob. My mother was my bottom line, and I would not allow anyone to defile my memory of her. "It's alright," he lowered his head and kissed my forehead gently, one kiss after another. "I'm here." "Don't mind those words, Claire. Only you have the right to judge your life and your family." But when he turned to Lucy, his expression instantly turned cold. He seemed to have lost interest in interrogating her, and with a tone of annoyance, he said to the bodyguard, "Take this woman away. And also, capture her boyfriend and interrogate them both." "Yes, Your Highness." "Your Highness! Please spare me..." Lucy immediately stopped taunting and began to cry and plead desperately. She was like a dead dog, being carried away by two bodyguards and stuffed into a car. Just before the car door closed, she was still shouting Prince Louis's name loudly. But Louis paid her no further attention. He held my cheeks, gently wiping away the tears from the corners of my eyes, and asked softly, "Are you alright? Alfred said they would be making lamb chops for dinner tonight. If you don't want to eat them, I can have them cancel the order." "No, I'm fine," I said in a hoarse voice. I leaned on his shoulder for a few seconds, indulging myself, and then stepped back as if nothing had happened. With red eyes, I smiled at him. "Do you still need to take my blood sample?" Upon hearing my question, the hint of a smile in Prince Louis's eyes faded slightly. He nodded in silence, as if contemplating something. After the doctor drew the blood, I rolled down my sleeve and asked curiously, "Your Highness, how did you know that her bracelet contained hallucinogen drugs?" "The royal family had seized a batch of similar items on the black market in the southern forest before. There were quite a few things like that," Prince Louis replied succinctly. He turned to Olivia, who had been watching us the whole time. Probably considering she was my best friend, his tone softened a bit as he said, "Would you like to join us for dinner at the villa? I'll have Alfred make a few more dishes." "No, there's no need, Your Highness." Facing Prince Louis, Olivia was obviously still very nervous. She replied with restraint, quickly smoothing out the wrinkles on her skirt with her hands. She even curtsied to him very carefully. God, she was wearing a mini-skirt today! I couldn't help but laugh. Prince Louis also showed a slight smile. Olivia pursed her lips and glared at me —but when she looked at Prince Louis, she meekly shrunk her neck and dared not glare at him. I burst into even louder laughter. This earned me an annoyed shout from Olivia, "Claire!" Suddenly, Prince Louis turned his head towards me. Just as I was wondering why, a tall figure showed in front of us. "I knew it had to be someone causing some trouble, and when I came over, it turned out to be you two," Kyle said lazily, as he held my shoulder. He then bowed to Prince Louis, not taking the situation seriously at all. "Kyle Lucchese, on behalf of the Lucchese family and my little sister, I extend our greetings to Your Highness."