24 He's Irresistibly Sexy

The next day, I woke up quite late, unsure whether it was due to staying up too late the previous night or the effect of the half glass of champagne. As I lay in bed, I let out a sleepy groan. The bright morning sunlight streamed through the curtains, and as I rubbed my eyes and stretched lazily, my fingertips unexpectedly brushed against something. It was scorching hot, burning, and had a soft texture that felt like skin. I jolted awake, opening my eyes to find a blond man sitting beside me, engrossed in reading some documents. My mind went blank for a moment. "What are you doing here?" It was only after I noticed he wasn't wearing anything that I screamed in terror, quickly covering myself with a blanket. "This is my bedroom," Prince Louis said, taking off the silver-rimmed glasses from his nose and gazing at me with a mixture of amusement and flirtation. "Where do you think I should be, my mate?" I couldn't help but feel that his last word, "mate," resonated in a way that was incredibly sexy. And I was one hundred percent sure that a young prince with such powerful abilities couldn't possibly be nearsighted. So he must wear those glasses merely to protect his eyes from the sunlight. But I have to admit, the glasses softened his sharp and cold blue eyes, turning them into a tranquil pool of deep blue reflecting my face with great precision. My heart rate accelerated rapidly. "Then how did I end up in your room? Wait," memories came flooding back, and I blushed, "Your Highness, you didn't wake me up and send me back to my room last night?" "Obviously not," Prince Louis replied, setting the documents aside and turning to face me. He propped his head up with one hand, lying on the bed and looking at me with a playful smile. As I had tugged away most of the blanket, his upper body, including his abs, was exposed. Bathed in the golden sunlight, his muscles seemed like exquisite marble sculptures with a subtle honey hue. His hair appeared to be melting in the morning light, each strand shimmering brilliantly. I also noticed that Prince Louis seemed to be in a particularly good mood today. "Oh," he said, playing with a strand of my hair that fell on my breasts, his voice laced with a hint of laughter, "After you fell asleep last night, you kept holding onto me. You looked so cute unconsciously leaning on me, so I decided to bring you here." My face turned red immediately. Did I actually do that? "Well, you can't just sleep without clothes on," I murmured in embarrassment, my voice becoming increasingly soft due to guilt. "I have a habit of sleeping naked," Prince Louis chuckled, giving me a suggestive glance. I swear his eyes were saying, "Didn't you already see everything last night?" Damn it! Feeling powerless, I covered my cheeks and buried myself back into the blanket, trying to smother myself. Maybe that way, I wouldn't have to face reality.
What was I thinking yesterday? I can't believe I did that with Prince Louis... Seeing me withdraw into my shell, Prince Louis moved closer, pulling me out of the blanket and embracing me. I attempted to struggle, but my efforts were in vain, so I reluctantly gave in. My cheek pressed against his chest, and all I could smell was his scent. His presence seemed to calm my turbulent emotions. A few minutes later, I heard Prince Louis' deep and alluring voice above me, "Good morning, my mate, though it's already past ten." "What?" I jolted upright, widening my eyes as I stared at him. "It's this late already? Then, we must have missed Alfred's breakfast!" If that were the case, the news of me spending the night in Prince Louis' bedroom would be completely exposed! The thought of all the servants in this mansion knowing the news made me wish I could turn back time and shake myself awake in the wine cellar. Look at what you've done! You're practically digging your own grave! I swore that Prince Louis' public announcement at the banquet, declaring me as his mate, had already spread among werewolf packs. Oh, and Cathy. I knew her all too well. A woman like her wouldn't just sit back after taking such a huge blow. She would undoubtedly spread rumors everywhere and badmouth me to anyone who'd listen. She might twist my confrontation with my father and say I was driven out by my father—though there's not much difference in reality—or she could spread lies about me seducing Prince Louis, simply because I couldn't accept that my little sister and ex-boyfriend were fated mates... But, ever since I stepped out of the party, I have mentally prepared myself for all of this. I couldn't care less about the gossip and finger-pointing from those boring people behind my back. They have no place in my life, so why should I care about their opinions? For me now, the only people in this world I care about are Olivia and her family, along with Mrs. Smith. Just a couple of days ago, I had reached out to Olivia, assuring them that I was fine, and I might visit her family soon. What comforted me was that Olivia and her family treated me just as before. Especially Olivia. During our video call, I noticed that her face showed only concern, worry, and care for me, seemingly unaffected by any gossip. Realizing this, my expression gradually calmed down. Prince Louis got up before me. He must have woken up early, and his sitting by the bed earlier was just to say good morning to me. I noticed that he didn't shy away from my meaning, so I changed into my clothes under the covers. Pretending not to hear his muffled laughter outside, I waited until I finished dressing before uncovering myself and getting out of bed. But then I realized my hair tie was missing. While searching for it, my eyes unintentionally swept over the document that Prince Louis had been reading earlier.
It read: "Several patrols missing without reason in the Southern Forest, large amounts of unidentified individuals' blood found at the scene..." The Southern Forest? I was taken aback. Wasn't that the forest where I was severely injured when I was a kid? After the major incident of the assassination attempt on the royal family, though no one knew exactly what had happened there, the king had ordered the closure of the Southern Forest. Now, it had become a gathering place for rogues, black-market traders, and criminals. To ensure the safety of various packs, the royal family had recently sent reinforcements, drawing some guards from the private army to station them at the forest's border. "Mate, we should head downstairs now." The voice that suddenly sounded in my ear brought me back to reality. Realizing that I had accidentally seen confidential information from within the royal family, I panicked and looked away. "I'm sorry, Your Highness, I didn't mean to... Oh my." But as I looked up at Prince Louis, I was once again shocked. His attire today was completely different from the cold and dominant Lycan look I saw when we first met. Prince Louis had not only changed out of his custom-made black suit, but was now dressed casually in a deep blue French shirt and black trousers. He had his seemingly sun-kissed golden hair gathered behind his head, simply tied up with a black elastic band. The fabric of the dark shirt clung tightly to his chest, emphasizing his strong build. His intense aura made him appear like a walking statue of David. He had casually undone a couple of buttons on his shirt, revealing his sexy Adam's apple and the alluring collarbone. This outfit seemed to shed some of the Lycan's fierceness and ferocity from him, complementing his silent and handsome appearance like a mysterious wandering poet, far from worldly matters. And as I locked eyes with those blue eyes, an involuntary thought popped into my mind. Damn, he's irresistibly sexy.