15 Louis Is Coming

Louis's golden hair shimmered like flowing gold in the afternoon sunlight, his tall figure completely enveloping mine. Those eyes, bluer than the sky, stared at me without blinking. For some reason, I felt that his expression now seemed somewhat complicated.

Facing Joe's attack, Louis didn't even bother to look up, instead using one hand to choke Joe's neck and effortlessly lift him up.

Due to extreme fear and the pain of suffocation, Joe's legs thrashed in mid-air, his eyes bulging. He pleaded desperately with a dying voice, "Please... Your Highness... forgive me..."

But Louis remained unmoved. He stared at me as if he hadn't heard Joe's pleas, his head bowed.

"Why didn't you call me?" he questioned.

Moon goddess, forgive me for my disrespect towards the royal family. But his tone now, it really sounded a bit like a husband questioning his wife why she didn't come home at night.

...Damn it, why am I thinking like this?

"I-I informed Alfred," I stammered in response, "I just came back to pack my things. I thought you wouldn't mind such matters."

Even if I was determined to get back at Cathy and the others, I found the current situation somewhat absurd. In fact, ever since Louis appeared, my brain had been unable to function properly. My mind was now filled with various questions.

Isn't he busy working?

Why did he suddenly show up here?

During my conversation with him, Joe had almost lost consciousness due to suffocation. He tried to pry the fingers choking his throat with his hand, but it was futile, only leaving messy creases on Louis's suit sleeve. Seeing his pitiful state, his face covered in mucus and tears, Louis wrinkled his brow and disdainfully threw Joe onto the nearby lawn.

Perhaps it was a coincidence, but he landed right at Cathy's feet.

Cathy screamed in terror. However, she quickly stopped, realizing Louis's identity. Her voice silenced abruptly, like a duck suddenly choked.

"Alfred told me you were coming back," he said, his expression still cold but slightly improved after hearing my explanation, "I thought..."

I looked at him and couldn't help but smile. "You thought I wouldn't come back?"

Louis grumbled without saying a word, but the curve of my lips widened once again.

Yet when I caught a whiff of the faint scent of cologne in the air, the black lace nightgown I saw in the bedroom during the day crossed my mind. And I didn't even know the woman's name.

My smile faded instantly.

"Oh, by the way, this guy, I remember he was your ex-boyfriend, right?"

Louis didn't notice my reaction. He had just finally realized who the person he nearly choked to death was.

He stared at Joe, who was lying on the ground coughing uncontrollably, and said disdainfully, "If this garbage who lays hands on women can also be considered as an Alpha, Gambino, I might have to reconsider whether you're capable of managing the pack."

His casual tone shattered Joe's dream of inheriting the pack.

Cathy tightly bit her lip. Mr. Gambino, or my father, standing beside her, lowered his head deeply, his voice trembling as he replied, "I understand, Your Highness. My daughter will break up with him right now."

"No, I think you've misunderstood something," Louis shifted his gaze at him, "I'm not interested in your family affairs. It's your own business who you want to inherit the pack. But the premise for all of this is that he must obey the rules set by the royal family. Bullying women and children is not allowed for any werewolf, regardless of his identity and status. Do you understand what I mean?"

Mr. Gambino lowered his head even further. His forehead almost seemed to touch his toes. "Yes, I understand... I will expel him from the pack and forbid him from ever returning."

Joe let out a piercing wail. He lunged at Louis's feet, begging for forgiveness with tears streaming down his face. But he was kicked away by Louis. Unwillingly, he crawled in front of me and started slapping himself desperately, his cries echoing, "Claire, please! I was wrong, I was truly wrong... I shouldn't have laid hands on you. Please, beg His Highness to spare me. I can't be expelled from the pack! I'll be torn apart by those savage rogues!"

I took a deep breath and placed my luggage in his hand, preventing him from touching me.

Joe screamed in agony once again. Soon, two Beta werewolves forcefully dragged him away. The diamond ring he wore was returned to my hand.

But I only glanced at it before casually putting it in my pocket.

"Claire..." Cathy was pushed forward by Mr. Gambino. She sniffled and quickly glanced at Louis beside me, her voice trembling with both fear and a hint of resentful bitterness, "I'm sorry, sister."

"Shut up, I'm not your sister," I said coldly, "And give me back the ring."

Cathy hesitated to return it. But Mr. Gambino forcefully snatched the ring from her hand and cautiously handed it to me. She covered her mouth and cried sorrowfully, her tear-filled eyes pleadingly looking at Prince Louis.

I immediately became alert. Could this woman be planning to target my new man, just like before?

I didn't even have a chance to ponder before I stepped forward, blocking her line of sight. I also reached out and hooked my arm through Louis's, trying my best to make our relationship appear closer—but that was all.

For someone as timid as me, this was already pushing my limits.

I worried that he might find my actions too offensive. However, in reality, Louis smiled slightly because of my possessiveness.

He took the initiative to wrap his arms around me, his warm palms caressing my icy nape. His hot body temperature made my breathing quicken, and my temperature rose. But noticing Cathy's gaze, I forced myself to obediently lean against Louis's embrace, much like a cat, and threw her a provocative glance.

The effect was excellent. Cathy glared at me, her expression filled with resentment as if she wanted to grind her teeth to pieces.

But my smile soon became unsustainable.

Because Louis held me tighter in his arms. His hands firmly pressed against my waist, forcing our bodies to come closer once again.

My buttocks pressed against the firm muscles of his thighs. Even through the fabric of his suit pants, I could clearly feel the scorching heat of the muscles underneath. Startled, I dared not move a muscle, resembling a frightened cat.

"This is the second time, clever and daring Claire," he leaned down and whispered near my ear. His deep voice made my cheeks uncontrollably heat up.

His gaze was profound as he bent down, lightly brushing his lips against my sensitive earlobe. His moist, warm breath sprayed against the side of my neck, his voice low and seductive:

"This time, I'll have to collect some interest."