21 Do You Want to Kiss Me?

After dinner, I suddenly remembered something. "Your Highness, you mentioned earlier that you prepared a surprise for me. What is it?" I asked Prince Louis, who was sitting across from me at the dining table. "Well, I was just about to tell you," Louis wiped his mouth with a napkin, then stood up and flashed a charming smile at me. "Come with me, Claire." He extended his hand towards me, and the silver wolf-head ring glimmered under the light. I stared at his palm, as if enchanted, and instinctively offered my hand to him. His hand was rough, large, and warm, almost completely enveloping my delicate fingers. The second we touched, my fingertips were slightly scorched, but Prince Louis immediately grabbed my hand firmly in his own. Seeing this, Alfred raised an eyebrow. He and the other servants remained silent as they tidied up the tableware and swiftly left the dining room, leaving us alone. "Let's go," Louis said softly. I followed half a step behind him as we left the dining room. Above us hung an expensive crystal chandelier, and beneath our feet was a handmade wool carpet from Persia, adorned with intricate mythological patterns. I noticed that he seemed to be leading me towards the direction of the bedrooms. My wolf wagged its tail, becoming slightly restless and anxious. Through the splendid corridor, we eventually arrived at a closed, heavy wooden door. This relieved me somewhat. Though my resistance to Prince Louis's touch had diminished since our first meeting, I still wasn't quite ready. However, I recalled that during his previous tour of the mansion, he had mentioned that this room was used for wine tasting. As expected, after the door opened, a brightly lit storage room reminiscent of an ice cave was revealed before me. The space was vast, almost reaching the height of three floors. Facing the entrance was a sofa and coffee table, seemingly designed not only for wine tasting but also for movie viewing. On the shelves along both walls, a variety of expensive wines were displayed. Vodka, red wine, white wine... Almost every kind of wine I could think of was here. Even the air carried a faint aroma of wine. I took a deep breath, unable to resist looking at the man standing next to me with confusion. "Your Highness, why did you bring me here?" I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about wine. I only drank red wine or champagne occasionally at parties or gatherings. I wondered if Prince Louis intended to taste wine with me. "Just wait," Louis said to me. He walked to the wall and turned off all the lights in the room. Then, he picked up a remote control placed on the wine cabinet and pressed it twice. In the darkness, I looked at him in bewilderment. Suddenly, a shower of stars fell from above. I widened my eyes, gazing up at the gradually opening skylight above. My breath unconsciously softened in response to the breathtaking sight. Countless stars sparkled in the distant night sky, and the walls of the wine cellar emitted waves of deep blue light, resembling undulating waves of the sea. The wine bottles, originally kept as collectibles, have now become part of the decoration, their translucent bodies refracting the shimmering light in the room. The resplendent Milky Way is reflected in my pupils. Soft natural sounds emanated from a corner player. I heard the flow of water, the rustling of leaves, the low calls of birds and wild animals in the forest, and the faint whispers of the wind—as if the sound of howling storms in the dark universe was reaching us across billions of light-years. This ambiance made me feel as if I were underwater. For a moment, I felt like a tiny mermaid floating in the Pacific, gazing up at the starry sky. I was completely mesmerized by this beautiful scene. After a long while, I managed to reluctantly tear my gaze away and look back at Prince Louis, who stood beside me in the darkness. "Is this what you meant by 'surprise'?" I asked. "This is only half of it," Prince Louis's deep voice resonated in this tranquil atmosphere, resembling the tone of a classical cello. "I've prepared a bottle of champagne. We can sit on this sofa and savor it slowly. No need to rush, we have the entire night." Champagne... I suddenly realized. Could it be that Prince Louis was trying to make up for the disastrous experience I had at the previous banquet? After all, it wasn't just the long-awaited proposal ceremony; it symbolized my new life. "Congratulations on your new life, my girl. My mate." A crisp sound of bubbles rang out, and as I stared, Prince Louis handed me a glass of champagne with a smile. In his own hand, he held a translucent wine glass, toasting me. My heart suddenly pounded like never before. This was almost... crossing the line. I took the champagne from his hand. After hesitating for a moment, I eventually decided to follow my heart and lifted the glass to down it in one go. "Cough, cough, cough!"
But because I drank too quickly, I accidentally choked on it. Prince Louis chuckled softly. Leaning closer from the sofa, he used his rough thumb to gently wipe away the wine that trickled down my lips. The atmosphere gradually became ambiguous. In the darkness, I could clearly feel his scorching breath just inches away. He seemed like an experienced hunter, not in a hurry to chase his prey, but instead laying a tempting trap in place, waiting for the innocent and ignorant deer of the forest to willingly jump into it. "Your Highness," I murmured, "do you want to kiss me?" "Of course," Prince Louis was candid about his desire and turned the question back to me, "and what about you, Claire?" "I..." I opened my mouth, wanting to say I didn't know. But when my gaze met Louis's profound and handsome face in the moonlight, the words I was about to speak got stuck in my throat. From his azure eyes, I saw a grand and gentle embrace, as vast and serene as the universe's stars, filled with deep and tranquil affection. As a prince and future king of the throne, he held the highest position among the werewolves. However, he never forced me to do anything. He was a truly mature and charismatic man, wielding great power but never using it to coerce others. Like a dragon in a fairy tale, he concealed his fangs and silently protected the princess by her side. To me, Prince Louis seemed more like a generous and gentle guide. Just like how he had led me through the halls, he was now leading me out of the shadows of the past, little by little. I was well aware that I owed my quick escape from my family's restrictions and successful revenge against those who betrayed me to Prince Louis's help. Perhaps, I thought to my wolf, I really should find the courage to respond to this sincere and passionate love. My wolf didn't answer. It simply emerged from that corner and returned to its usual place. But I believed I understood its meaning. I reached out my hand to Prince Louis, wordlessly taking the champagne from his grasp and placing it on the coffee table. Then, I gently brushed aside the golden strands of hair framing his cheeks. Throughout this process, our gazes remained firmly locked, like threads sticking together. This was undoubtedly torture for him. Prince Louis's breathing quickened. I heard him call my name in a more urgent tone than usual, murmuring, "Claire..." But he couldn't finish his sentence. Because I wrapped my hands around his neck, pressed his entire body onto the sofa, and kissed him deeply. The moment our lips met, I felt an electric surge pass between us. It was as if time had stopped, and everything around us blurred into an indistinct haze. All that mattered at that moment was him—the warmth of his lips against mine, the mingling of our breaths, and the passion that ignited between us. He responded fervently, his hands embracing me tightly, as if never wanting to let go. The kiss deepened, becoming a dance of desire and longing. We lost ourselves in each other, our hearts beating as one, and the connection between our souls felt stronger than ever. When we finally ended the kiss, both of us were slightly breathless. Our eyes met, and we knew that something had changed.
Something irrevocable had changed between us. With our fingers interlocked, Prince Louis and I sat together in the moonlit wine cellar, immersed in the enchantment of the night. The stars above seemed to shine brighter, as if celebrating the birth of a new couple. This is a love that holds the promise of a future filled with adventure, passion, and an unbreakable bond. This night became an eternal memory, etched into the fabric of our souls, and from then on, our destinies were entwined, and we walked hand in hand, ready to face whatever challenges and joys life had in store for us.