15.) New man.

Onalerona's POV

We go to the spaza shop that's nearby and buy tinned fish, rice and some veggies and spices so we can cook. "I've never been this excited to eat a home cooked meal." says Masego and i smile. "Don't worry things will get better from now. Just pray for me that i keep this job so I can be able to provide for you guys." I say and she nods.

"Don't worry you always in my prayers." she says. "When was the last time you went to school?" I ask. "Three months ago. I had to stop going because her condition got worse and i couldn't leave her to fend for herself." "I'm sorry about that. You need to go back to school and I'll make sure of it." A part of me feels like I'm giving her false hope because even I don't know what tomorrow holds.

But I'll make sure i find that second job so I am able to take care of her and my grandmother. I can't leave them outside not when they need me the most. We buy the things and walk back home. "So how are we going to look after mmèmogolo while I'm at school?" she asks. "We have no choice but to find a person to help us." I answer.

"But that's going to be expensive." she says. "I know but then you need to go back to school. You can't miss out on school because you are taking care of your grandmother that's not fair...what happened to your dad's monies?" I ask and she sighs. "My stepmother took it and ran away." "Your trust fund is gone too?" "No that one is still intact she just took his assets and so forth."

"Okay that's better you will have a jumpstart in life. When you get that money please use it for yourself and don't give it to anyone. That money is for you to use to further your education." I say. "But what if mmèmogolo nee," I cut her off. "I'll be there to take care of her. I want you to spend the money for yourself. Just don't use it recklessly once it's yours." She chuckles.

"A stingy person can never spend money on unnecessary stuff." she says and we laugh. "Okay I like that mentality." I say and she giggles. We get back home and go inside. We walk to the kitchen and i take out the pots and get started on dinner. "Tomorrow we will go grocery shopping. Write down a list for everything you need including your uniform." "Okay I will."

Luckily for me I put some of my salary into my savings account but it's an unfortunate that I have to spend the very same money I thought I was saving. We finish after an hour and plate up for us. "Will mmèmogolo be able to eat here or do you usually eat in her bedroom?" I ask. "She doesn't like eating in her room. You know how she is." she says and we chuckle.

I remember back in the days she would beat me up for eating my snacks or even an apple in my room. She wanted me to eat in the living room or kitchen. "Will you be able to bring her here?" I ask. "Yeah I'm used to it anyways." she answers. "Call me though if you need help." She nods and walks to the direction of the bedrooms.

She comes back a few minutes with mmèmogolo leaning onto her for support. It honestly hurts me deeply seeing her like this. Gone is my lively grandmother and now she's so sick. They walk to the living room and sit down and i take the plates and walk to the living room. I sit down and hand them their food and they thank me.

"This looks good my child." says mmèmogolo and i smile. "Thank you. I hope you guys enjoy." I say. "I sure am enjoying it just by looking at the presentation." says Masego and we chuckle. We say a little prayer to bless the food and the hands that prepared it and we eat. "I missed this. I can't believe I used to take this meal for granted." "We all have the tendency to appreciate the smaller moments of joy and once we lose them then we realise that those moments are valuable."