10.) Black tax.

Onalerona's POV

We get back home and I'm the first one out of the car. I open the gate and my dad drives in and parks the car in the driveway. I unlock the door and open it and leave the keys on the key rack before I go to my room. I take off my heels and place them next to my suitcase and plop myself on the bed. Wearing heels ain't for the weak.

The door opens and Olebogang gets in and she closes the door before she joins me. "How are you?" I ask. "I'm okay and you." she answers. "I'm fine. I'm just tired of these heels." We chuckle. "That's why when I grow up I am not going to put myself through such torture." "But you gotta look fabulous once in a while."

"Sneakers all the way." she says and i chuckle. "I'm with you on that one but we gotta love them heels too." I say and she chuckles. "I wanted to talk about mmè." (mom.) "What did she do?" "She shouted at you for being twenty minutes late yet she let you clean the house all alone." I sigh. "Its no biggie. You know how our relationship is like."

"But I don't like it." she says and her bottom lip quivers. I pull her in for a hug and i hear sniffs and tears staining my shoulder. "I also don't like it but it's never going to change." I say. "Why doesn't she change?" "That's something you need to ask her yourself cause I don't have the answer to that question." "I hate this life we are living." "I know I hate it too."

I rub her back soothingly and kiss her forehead. "Look at me." We pull apart from the hug and she stares at me with her teary eyes. "We can only hope and pray that things get better. I know seeing us fight hurts you a lot and it hurts me too because I wish she treated me like I'm her daughter but it's okay. We going to be okay and just know that I love you and she loves you too okay." She nods.

"Lets just pray that one day things change." I say. I don't know who I'm trying to fool but it's more her than me. I know that that woman hates me. She will never accept me as her child. She once said that she would rather die then to consider me her own child. I'm just saying all these words to console her because I hate seeing my sister cry over things she has no control over.

I have accepted that the situation at home will remain the same. The only way I can prevent fights from happening in front of my siblings is just saying yes and apologising but other than that there is nothing that's going to change the situation. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too sisi." I smile and kiss her cheek. "My princess." She smiles and pulls me in for another hug.

The door opens, "Yo o tlileng go nthusa go apaya fa lona lo ntse lo tshwaregile ka go seba ka dilo tse di se nang mosola." she shouts and i fight the urge to roll my eyes. (Whose going to help me cook while you guys are busy gossiping about nonsense.) "Mmè, ga re bue dilo tse di sa siamang re bua fela ka kereke." says Olebogang. (Mama we are not gossiping we are just talking about church.)

"Tla o nthuse go apaya mme o tlogele go nna o iketlile. Rraago o tla ja eng fa re robetse." she says and we stand up and follow her to the kitchen. (Come help me cook and stop lazing around. What will your dad eat if we are sleeping.) We get to the kitchen and she takes out the aprons and we put them on. "Onalerona tlogela go tlhotlheletsa ngwanake gore a tshwane le wena. Ke ngwana yo o itshwarang sentle o se ka wa mo fetola gore a tshwane le wena."

(Onalerona stop influencing my child to become like you. She is a well behaved child don't change her to be like you.) "Ke no tlhotlheletsa jang gore a nne jaaka nna?" I ask. (How am I influencing her to be like me?) "O itse go bua le nna ka tsela e e seng yone jaanong mme ga se ka tsela e a leng ka yone ka jalo tsweetswee o emise go dira jalo." she answers. (She knows how to backchat me now and that's not how she is so please stop it.)