11.) Damage Control.

Nkosikhona's POV

"So which event is this mama?" asks Khauhelo. "It's this other event that celebrates successful bussinesses." answers Rea. "Why can't kids come?" One thing about kids is that they will ask you a gazillion questions. One of the reasons why I don't want kids of my own. I don't have any problem with Khauhelo and i accept her as mine seeing as though I am married to her mother.

But I'm not having any more kids I'm fine with her and my nieces and nephews. "Because..." "because what mama?" she asks and i chuckle. "Because kids will get bored at this event and they will complain and ask their parents when they are going home." I answer. "But I don't complain." We chuckle. "That's because you've never attended such an event."

"Lets give it a try." says Khauhelo and we laugh. "You will get bored because Zinhle and Zenande aren't going." says Rea. "Okay then i will stay but next time I'm going with you guys." she says and i chuckle. "It's fine tag along but you will get bored." I say. "I won't." "We shall see then." "Lets get you to bed it's late now." says Rea as she stands up. Khauhelo opens her arms and she picks her up.

"Can you please read me a bedtime story?" asks Khauhelo and she has that please look in her eyes that you can't say no to even if you wanted. "Lets go then." I say as I stand up and wear my flops. She smiles and gets off her mom and asks me to carry her. " Goodnight mama." "Goodnight princess. I love you." "I love you too."

We walk to her bedroom and get inside. I open her blankets and tuck her in. "Which book should I read for you today?" I ask. This is her first time asking me to read her a book. She always asks her mom unless she slept early that day so I'm surprised that she asked me to read her a bedtime story.

But I'm also glad that she's comfortable with me now to the point where i can read her a bedtime story. "Barbie and the nutcracker." she answers and i nod. I look for the book and find it and start reading it to her. "The end." I close the book and she's still starring at me. I thought she would have been asleep right now. "Why you still awake?"

"I want to ask a question." she says. "Ask ahead." "Its not a question but..." "I understand what you mean so ask." "I miss aunty Ona." I'm surprised by that statement. "Why do you miss her?" "I don't know I just do. Mommy doesn't like it when I say that that's why I told you." "Why doesn't mommy like it?"

"She said aunty Ona is a bad person and i must stay away from her." she answers. "What else does she say?" I ask. I'm really interested right now because why would Rea tell a six year old that. She doesn't even know Ona or that I had a history with her. "She said aunty Ona is bad and i must not miss her because she will hurt me."

"Must I talk to your mom about it?" I ask. "No please don't tell her she's going to get angry. It must be a secret." she says. "Don't worry it will be a secret between us I promise. And don't worry you will see aunty Ona Monday when she comes in the morning." "Can i miss her?" "Yes you can it's normal." "Okay."

"What else are you hiding?" I ask. "They don't like me at school." she answers. "You don't have friends." She shakes her head no. "I sometimes play with Zinhle and Zenande but they have their own friends." "I'm sorry about that." "It's okay." "No it's not okay. I know how it feels like to be alone." "You do?" I nod. "I used to be alone too growing up."

"That's sad." she says. "I know but it gets better with time. You get used to being alone." I say. "That's why aunty Ona is my friend. She's very nice and beautiful." That she is I won't lie. "Do you like the other aunts?" "I do like them but I like aunty Ona more but don't tell them." I chuckle. "Don't worry i won't tell them." "Aunty Ona likes being my friend."