4.) Weird energy.

Onalerona's POV

I finish up and wear my sneakers. I am going out with Rendani to explore Joburg. I feel like I deserve to spoil myself because I've been struggling the past few months. I'm glad I was smart enough to save up the money I would earn from my past jobs. I'm only left with probably R500 on my savings and i can do something nice for myself.

I take my handbag from the bed and walk to the small kitchen. I find her typing away on her phone and when she sees me walk in her eyes linger on me for a second before she clears her throat. "You beautiful." I try to hide the blush that coats my cheeks but she notices it and chuckles. "Thank you. You also beautiful." I say and she smiles.

She definitely looks beautiful with her olive green off the shoulder dress that reaches her thighs and she paired it up with black sandals. The colour goes well with her skin. "You starring," I clear my throat and she laughs. "Don't feel embarrassed it's good to stare." I roll my eyes. Very cocky I see.

"Lets just go and celebrate our jobs." I say and she chuckles. "Lets go." She takes her bag from the counter and we head out without forgetting to lock the door. Ayola and Precious have gone back home for the weekend. "Are you ready for today?" she asks. "Yeah I am. We deserve this day out just to celebrate our new jobs." "I know hey."

We walk to the rank which is quite a distance but it was nice exploring the neighborhood a bit and seeing all these gorgeous houses. "The houses here are beautiful." says Rendani. "I know right. If we live here that means we have really made it in life." I say. "When we make it."

"I receive those blessings to make as much money as they do and buy a house here." We chuckle. We get inside the taxi and wait for it to fill up. "How do you know Nkosikhona?" asks Rendani. "I don't know him I met him the same day you did." I answer. Nobody needs to know about my past with him. "But that day when you had a conversation in the kitchen."

"Innocent conversation." This other morning she caught us talking in the kitchen. He was just there to tell me that I should stay away from him and i agreed. I know what I came here to do so it will be easy to oblige to it. I wish she didn't witness that conversation but at the same time I'm relieved that she didn't hear anything. "The way he looked at you when we got introduced to them."

"How did he look at me?" I ask. "Like he was shocked to see you there and then that look turned to anger." she answers. I feel a slight pain in my chest but i choose to ignore it. "There is no such." "I know what I saw." "And I know what I know which is, there is nothing going on and neither do i know him." She hums but she's still not convinced.

The taxis fill up and it drives off to Boksburg. I suggested that we go to East Rand Mall at Boksburg because that's the only mall that's nice and i know very well and since she's new to Gauteng I didn't want us to get lost at Serengeti so it's best to stick to what we know. We get to the mall and go inside. "This is nice." she says and i hum in agreement.

We start our window shopping and we only buy one outfit since it was on sale and it was cute too. We eventually take a break and walk to Spurs. It's been a while since I've come here and it feels good to go out again. We sit down and look at the menus and wait for the waiter to come back and take our orders. "I'm so exhausted." says Rendani. "When I wanted to take a break you said no one more shop." I mock and she laughs.

"I've never been to such a mall. Coming from a small town and moving to a big city like this makes you curious and wanting to explore." she says. "I understand what you saying but things like these need you to take a break." I say. "I know now." I smile. "How was it like growing,"