Chapter 33

3rd-person POV:
Carrying Bram on her back, Aya runs into a parking structure, looking for a place to hide. After searching for a while, she finds the perfect hiding spot.

"There it is!" Aya shouts while running around to the back of a semi truck, opening the double doors.

"This carriage has no horse," Bram says to her.

"Car, you mean. A cleaning crew's," she says, closing the two doors behind her.

"Where are we?" Bram asks.

"It isn't just passengers who go through the airport. There are hundreds of shops in the airport. There has to be a way to get their stuff in and out, right? The enemy won't have as many eyes there," Aya says.

"And you can escape the lockdown through there?" Bram questions.

"I'm sure they'll check the driver, but they can't have the time to sift through all the cargo. All we have to do is hide in here and wait. The cleaning crew will take us outside."

"I see. I'm impressed, girl."

"Of course. I'm a hero of justice!"

~⟡☆⟡~

Y/n POV:
"Wake up, Y/n."

'Is that Chuuya? Everything is foggy.'

"Wake up. There's no time."

'Wake up?'

"Y/n!"

My eyes shot open, the sound of beeping being the first thing my ears heard.

An oxygen mask was placed on my face, my entire body strapped to the bed that I was laying on. There was machinery all around me.

'This is bringing back some terrible memories.'

~⟡☆⟡~

3rd-person POV:
"Say, Bra-chan... That sword hurts, doesn't it? Want me to help you find a way to take it out?" Aya asks Bram.

"Foolish peasant." He scoffs.

"Hold it. I don't like where this is going," Aya says.

"Break this seal, and I, demon incarnate, will be free to rule this world with darkness!" Bram states.

"Yeah, yeah, here we go again. So what's up with that sword, anyway? It's all because of the sword, isn't it?" Aya asks.

"This sword was formerly a human."

"Huh?"

"Hundreds of years ago, a Gifted died, and their flesh was turned into metal by their ability. That metal was reforged into a sword, into this Holy Sword Sorslevni. Their special ability carries on even in death. It is the ability to merge flesh with ability."

"Flesh and ability?"

"Indeed. They exist on two different planes and his ability was a means to connect them. It allows a special ability to be controlled as though it's part of the body. A super ability transcending the laws of this world. This is what I'm impaled upon. The tip of the sword grows roots in my brain. And at the same time... the hand that wields the sword is imprinted with a holy seal. And the seal is now in Fukuchi's palm. Thus, he alone can use my powers."

"Bra-chan... You know a lot, don't you?"

"Of course I do. This is the second time I've been impaled by this sword," Bram says, his face unconsciously falling to a frown.