Chapter 9

Y/n POV:
We finally reach the area where Q is. He had been wrapped up in a bunch of tree branches and was bound to a giant tree. His doll was placed on a wooden chair in front of him.

"There he is. The sleeping beauty awaiting his savior" Dazai says as we walk up to Q.

"Sleeping beauty, huh?" Chuuya says.

"Hand me your knife" Dazai demands.

"Hah?" Chuuya says in confusion.

"Oh, wait, I swiped it off you earlier, just in case" Dazai says, revealing the knife he stole from Chuuya at some point.

"You..." Chuuya starts, not bothering to say anything after that.

Dazai then lifts the knife up to to Q's neck and holds it there.

"Aren't you going to stop me?" Dazai asks.

"The boss ordered me to take him back alive, but seeing that kid's face, I have flashbacks of the body bags my people came home in, thanks to his curse. Kill him" Chuuya states.

"He won't do it" I say.

"I see. All right, then, I will" Dazai says, but his actions contradict his previous statement.

"You softy. Your hypocrisy makes me retch" Chuuya says.

"As long as Q is alive, you still need my ability as a safety measure. The Port Mafia won't be able to kill me. It's a rational decision" Dazai states.

"I don't know about that" Chuuya says while turning to me and asking, "What do you think, Y/n?"

"Hm, there's no way to know for sure. He may feel a little sympathy for Q, given what they've both been through, but I don't think that's enough for him to give Q any mercy. There might be an outside reason that we're unaware of, but, again, it's impossible to know for sure" I state, genuinely curious as to why he saved Q, or more like the true reason behind his decision.

After that, all three of us start to head outside, with Dazai and Chuuya still fighting and arguing.

"Yo, Dazai, you asshole, hand over that doll!" Chuuya shouts.

"No way. It's my insurance" Dazai says in response.

"I'm going to kill him one day—" Chuuya is cut off when a green tentacle wraps around his neck and drags him outside, throwing him against the front of the building.

"Chuuya!" I shout, cursing myself for not preparing for the attack.

"What was that ability?" Chuuya says as he pushes himself up from the rubble.

"I'd expect no less from the Guild! What amazing resilience!" Dazai says as he jumps on top of Chuuya's head, pushing him into the ground.

"Get off of him!" I shout as I kick Dazai off of Chuuya.

"What should we do?" Chuuya asks as he gets up off the ground.

"How rude of you to kick me. But, putting that aside, bring on any ability, and I'll take care of it with a touch of my finger" Dazai states.

Right on cue, Dazai is smacked into a tree by the tentacles belonging to Lovecraft.

"Dazai!—" Chuuya shouts but is interrupted when another bunch of tentacles tries to attack him. Fortunately, he was able to use his gravity to push it away from him and back towards the source. Since I was on Chuuya's right and the attack came from the left, I was unharmed. We both rushed to Dazai to see how hurt he was.

"Oi, Dazai! Are you okay?!" Chuuya asks with a hint of concern in his voice. Dazai simply chuckles in response, then proceeds to say, "Those tentacles sure are strange. I can't nullify them."

"That's because it's not an ability" I state, causing the two of them to look at me in confusion.

"Seriously?" Chuuya says.

"Yup, that's the only explanation as to why Dazai couldn't nullify it" I state.

"If it's not an ability, then what is it?" Chuuya asks.

"Who knows?" I say in response.

Dazai speaks up and says, "All right, let's do things the old way. How about Operation Shame and Toad?"

"Shouldn't we use 'Rain Falls Outside the Window Frame,' or 'The Fake Flowers Deceit?'" Chuuya asks.

"Chuuya. When have my tactics ever been wrong?" Dazai asks.

"Dammit" Chuuya curses.

"While you two do that, I'll stay hidden and assist you from afar" I state.

"Wait, do you even know what we're doing?" Dazai asks.

"If I say yes, you'll just question me more so just get going already. We don't have the time to be discussing this" I say with slight irritation emanating from my voice.

With that, Dazai agrees to follow along with his plan without questioning me. 'I won't be able to help right away so I'm gonna have to just sit up in this tree until a moment arises where I'm needed.' I take out my retractable bow and hang it around my neck along with my arrows while I wait for the right moment.

Dazai catches the enemy's attention by standing in front of him and putting his hands up. Lovecraft then tries to attack Dazai with his tentacles. To his dismay, Chuuya jumps up from behind Dazai and kicks his tentacles away. Chuuya then runs along the tentacles and punches a hole through Lovecraft's stomach. He then uses his gravity to slam him into the ground. Thinking that it's over, Dazai and Chuuya start to argue with each other over stupid things again. Since I'm too far to shout at them to pay attention to the transforming octopus monster known as Lovecraft, I grab one of my arrows and shoot it so that it flies past their eyes and in the direction of Lovecraft, making them turn their heads. But instead of turning towards Lovecraft, they turned in the opposite direction, allowing Lovecraft to rip off Dazai's 'arm' with his tentacles and then smacking him backwards until he hits another tree.

"Dazai!" I barely hear Chuuya shout in response to the events that just occurred before his eyes.

Lovecraft's body starts to glow blue, indicating his transformation into a giant octopus-like monster.

A few moments later, Chuuya removes his black gloves and red markings start to appear along his body. These indicate that he's in his corrupted form. The ground below him begins to crumble, an intense air forming around him. He then launches himself towards Lovecraft, creating a large hole where his body had pierced him. He creates two graviton bombs—a densely-packed black hole that swallows everything in its path—in each of his hands and launches them towards Lovecraft, ripping another hole in Lovecraft's body. Despite his ferocious attacks, Lovecraft just continues to regenerate all the damage that Chuuya is inflicting on him.

I do know that his weak spot is his interior but I haven't had the right opportunity to shoot my arrow inside. My plan is to combine my electricity induced arrow with the bomb that Dazai planted inside to create the ultimate explosion. But I can't see the bomb.

After a few moments of searching, I finally spotted it. Within that moment, I release my grip on the arrow as it shoots towards the bomb, puncturing it at the same time that Dazai detonates it. Chuuya adds the finishing touch by throwing a giant graviton bomb towards it right before it could properly explode, effectively getting rid of the enemy. Or at least, for the time being. I don't actually know how he survived that but he doesn't attack us after this so I don't really care.

I race over with my electricity and deactivate it right before I kick Dazai towards Chuuya so that he can nullify Chuuya's ability before he takes any more damage from Corruption. I slowly walk up to Chuuya and kneel down to him, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"I've got you, Chuuya" I say as I move one hand to lift his head so he can look into my eyes, giving him a soft smile.

"thank you...y/n..." he softly says before going unconscious, his body falling forwards as I catch him in my arms.

"I can't believe this. The Lovecraft..." Steinbeck says, astonished by what just happened. He turns to us and asks, "Who are you people?"

"The bad guys' enemy" Me and Dazai say in unison.