Chapter 20

Y/n POV:
It happened... The Armed Detective Agency has been framed for terrorism.

Currently, I'm with Chuuya in his helicopter on our way to assist the Agency, the two of us not speaking a word to each other.

~Flashback~

The next day after being released from the infirmary, I got a message telling me to meet Mori in his office to discuss our future plans. I practically just stayed in his office, only being able to leave once we were done discussing.

Towards the end of our discussion was when I finally saw Chuuya again. He had been called in to discuss our plan to help out the Agency. I knew this was going to happen but I didn't quite expect Mori to have me team up with Chuuya for this mission.

I had the idea in the back of my head but I thought he might've had me do something else instead.

Chuuya doesn't spare me a glance, only keeping his focus on Mori.

He didn't object to this plan, or really speak his opinion about it at all, much to my surprise. He just agreed to the plan and excused himself, me doing the same thing later.

"Wait. I have one more thing I'd like to discuss with you," Mori says before I can walk towards the door.

"What is it?" I ask, sitting back down in my chair.

"Did something happen between the two of you?" he asks, causing me to freeze up.

"Um... it's... complicated. To put it in simple terms, we got into an argument. And we haven't had the chance to clear up the misunderstandings," I explain.

"I see. Well, just make sure it doesn't get in the way of your mission," Mori says.

"It won't. I'll make sure of it," I say.

"That's good to hear. You may go now. Best not keep your partner waiting," Mori says, waving me off to begin our rescue mission.

~End of Flashback~

"Deploy, Gravity/Electricity Manipulation," me and Chuuya say in unison.

I jump out of the helicopter to protect Yosano with my electric force field while Chuuya uses his gravity to shoot a bullet through Tetchō's shoulder to throw off his attack.

"A supersonic shot?! But I didn't hear any gunfire! And who is this?!" Jouno shouts in confusion.

"You've fucked up, Detective Agency! We're here to save your asses, on the boss's orders!" Chuuya shouts over the sound of his helicopter propellers.

"Here we go. Time for a gunfight! Gravity manipulation!" Chuuya shouts as he uses his gravity to shoot bullets at the hunting dog members.

Unfortunately, they were able to easily deflect the bullets with their swords. Chuuya then let down four ropes, one for each of the Agency members.

"Grab on," he says as they follow his command while I use my electricity to jump back onto the helicopter.

~

"To think we'd be saved by the Port Mafia..." Kunikida says softly.

"I wouldn't be celebrating just yet..." I mumble to myself.

"Saved? Idiot. Your boss made a deal with our boss. The price for your rescue is a transfer of one Agency member to the Mafia. We've always got room for Gifted criminals with useful abilities," Chuuya explains, my head lowering as he spoke.