Chapter 21

Y/n POV:
I decided to split up from the Black Lizards momentarily, to begin searching for where Yosano was supposed to come out from. Luckily for me, I had to memorize where each secret Mafia passage led to. At the time, it was torture, having to memorize where everthing started and ended, as well as other entrances and exits. Now, I'm extremely grateful for it since I was able to easily find the place she exits from.

I stood off to the side, waiting for the ambulance that Atsushi and Kyouka will be arriving in.

'It shouldn't be too long before Atsushi and Kyouka arrive. As long as I stick to my plan, everything should go accordingly.'

I have to admit, most of my plans are pretty last minute, since I couldn't remember every detail from the start. My memory gets refreshed the closer I get to certain events, making it slightly difficult for me to plan ahead of things.

The only major unknown in my current plan is Kunikida, since he was supposed to be in the Hunting Dogs custody right now. I had to take accountability for that change that I made to the story, and adjust. Assuming that Kunikida will just end up wherever Kenji ends up, the story will most likely not be altered by much, since Ranpo will make sure that everyone is reunited later on.

Everyone except Dazai.

Right on cue, the ambulance stopped in front of the underground tunnel. I see Atsushi and Kyouka exit out of the back of the vehicle to search the area, noticing my figure leaning against the wall.

"It's you... What are you doing here?" Atsushi asks.

"I was ordered to protect you so that's what I'm doing here, and my name's Y/n, by the way," I explained.

"But how'd you know we'd stop here?" Atsushi asks.

"I have my ways," I say, not giving him any further explanation.

"Wait, wasn't there a secret Port Mafia passage in this area?" Kyouka asks as Atsushi puts his head to the ground to better hear the footsteps coming from below.

Atsushi activates his ability on his right arm, digging his claws into the manhole cover to remove it. Just then, Yosano exits out of the secret passage.

"Atsushi! Kyouka! And... Y/n, right?" Yosano says, I simply nodded in response.

"Yosano-san!" Atsushi exclaims.

~

"Ability: Thou Shalt Not Die," Yosano says, using her ability to heal Margaret.

"Francis betrayed us?" Atsushi asks.

"The transaction was a trap. I thought you two were both blown up with the car," Yosano says.

"That's impossible. Francis is arrogant, but he looks after his employees. Even if he was going to frame the Agency, he would only do it after Margaret-san's treatment. Let's get out of here first," Atsushi states, turning to the front of the car. "Driver, please..." he pauses, noticing that the driver and the passenger have been killed. "Ambush! Everyone, get out!" he shouts.

Yosano opens the back doors, revealing the metal mannequin in disguise. "It's him," she says as the sword that killed the two men returns to its owner.

"Go, Atsushi. You too, Y/n," Yosano says after jumping out of the car.

"But—" Me and Atsushi start.

"No buts. I'll deal with him myself," she says.

"The four of us together might stand a chance of winning," Atsushi says.

"Winning isn't important. What's important is protecting Margaret. She's already been treated. Deliver her to Francis before the military police close the roads. That's our only hope for reviving the Armed Detective Agency. Plus, your boyfriend wouldn't want you getting hurt. Isn't that right, Y/n?" Yosano says with a sly smile.