Chapter 3

~timeskip~

Y/n POV:
I heard that the train incident has already happened and that Kyouka is with the Armed Detective Agency now. 'I'm glad she's safe.' Although, that means that Dazai should be already captured in one of the prisons here. I'm just glad I wasn't asked to capture him. Not because I'm too weak to carry out the task, but because I don't think my heart would allow me to chain him up and torture him. A knock on my door breaks me from my train of thought.

"Come in," I say.

The door opens to reveal Chuuya who has just come back from one of his missions.

"You're gonna come with me. There's a specific person I'd like you to meet but you need not say a word to the bastard," Chuuya informs me.

"Are we heading there right now?" I ask.

"Yes," he responds.

"Okay, let me get my shoes and I will be right with you," I tell him.

After putting on my shoes, I walk with Chuuya towards one of the prisons to visit this 'specific person' whom I already know is Dazai.

"We're here," Chuuya says as we walk inside. 'I guess it's third wheeling time, huh?'

"Up to no good as usual?" Chuuya asks Dazai.

"That voice..." Dazai says.

"This is nice. This is a great view. It rivals even a masterpiece worth tens of billions. Wouldn't you agree, Dazai?" Chuuya says as he makes his way to the bottom of the stairs.

"The worst. This is just the worst," Dazai exclaims.

"I love your reaction. It makes me want to strangle you," Chuuya proclaims.

"Oya? Who's that behind you? Are you that person from before?" Dazai asks as he tilts his head to the side to see me better.

"That's none of your concern. They're merely here to watch me beat the crap out of you," Chuuya says in response. 'Guess that's my cue to stay silent.'

"You haven't changed one bit, Chuuya," Dazai says.

"Eh?! What are you saying?!" Chuuya says in annoyance.

"I've always wondered about this, but where do you get your embarrassing hats?" Dazai asks.

"Say what you want, vagabond! I bet you're still going on and on about suicide despite your age, aren't you?" Chuuya asks.

"Yeah," Dazai replies.

"At least pretend to deny that. But now, you're just a sad little prisoner. It's enough to make you cry, eh, Dazai?" Chuuya says.

"Pfft–little..." I mumble under my breathe trying to keep in my laugh.

"What was that?!" Chuuya asks.

"Nothing, nothing," I say while shaking my head.

"Anyways, this all seems a little too convenient. You may be able to deceive that apprentice, Akutagawa, but not me. After all, I'm your old partner. What's your play?" Chuuya asks, suspicious of Dazai's behavior.

"Just what it looks like. Get caught, and wait to be executed," Dazai answers.

"There's no way the Dazai I know would be caught through misfortune or sloppiness. If you were that foolish, I would've killed you long ago," Chuuya states.

"You're overthinking this," Dazai says but I cut him off before he can continue.

"Technically, you're right and wrong," I say.

"Oh? What do you mean by that?" Dazai asks.

"I mean, there are certain things that Chuuya is overthinking but he's right to question why you let yourself get captured. In order to understand what you're thinking, a lot of overthinking is required as well as seeing what's right in front of us. But even then, we might not be able to fully grasp, or grasp at all, what's going on in your mind since there's multiple things being thought at once. Just an observation," I say without realizing that I spoke out. 'Whoops, I wasn't supposed to speak.'

"You're an interesting one," Dazai says to me as a smirk starts to appear on his face.

"Anyways, wasn't there something you came here to do, Chuuya?" I change the subject before he asks any more questions.

"Oh, right. I came here to harass you," Chuuya says while turning to face Dazai and kicks the chains that were attached to Dazai's wrists, breaking them.

"You toyed with me all you wanted back then. But, there's usually payback for it ten times over later. I don't know what you're planning, but fight me, Dazai. I'll crush you along with your schemes," Chuuya says to Dazai.

"Chuuya," Dazai proclaims.

"Yeah?" Chuuya responds.

*snap*

"So you could've escaped at any time?" Chuuya asks as the handcuffs unlock when Dazai snaps his fingers.

"You, stop my plans? You must be joking," Dazai exclaims.

"I'm liking this turn of events!" Chuuya shouts as he rushes towards Dazai. 'Since they're just going to go at it for a bit, I might as well take a seat on the stairs while I wait. Probably towards the top in case one of them comes flying this way.'

As Chuuya is closing in on Dazai, he keeps throwing punches at Dazai who's dodging every one of them until he grabs hold of Chuuya's arm and punches him in the stomach.

"You call that a PUNCH?!" Chuuya shouts in response to Dazai's punch as he kicks Dazai against the wall.

"It doesn't even count as a massage. Your martial arts skills are below average for the Port Mafia. Your ability to neutralize abilities is a nuisance, but I don't even need to use mine at this point. Get up. The party's just getting started," Chuuya proclaims.

"You're not the Port Mafia's top martial artist for nothing. Whoop. I thought my blocking arm'd get torn off," Dazai states.

Chuuya POV:
'He blocked my hit with his arm at the last second? He's predicting my attacks.'

Y/n POV:
"We've known each other for a long time. I already know your moves, pacing, and habits. I wouldn't have been a proper partner otherwise, right?" Dazai explains with his signature smirk.

"Then I bet you saw this coming, too! This is how you throw a punch!" Chuuya shouts as he lands two powerful blows on Dazai before gripping his throat and pushing him against the wall, with a knife in his other hand pressed lightly against Dazai's neck. 'Kinky.'

"You thought you could beat me just by predicting my moves? Tell me before you die. Why did you let yourself get caught? What were you waiting for here?" Chuuya asks, still curious about why Dazai purposefully got caught.

*silence*

"Heh, keeping silent? Fine. I'll just have more fun torturing you," Chuuya threatens.

"The main reason is Atsushi-kun," Dazai finally answers.