Quarantined

It was Saturday morning and Nancy had just woke up. She went downstairs and saw her mom making breakfast. She was making pancakes again and Nancy took 3 as always.

Nancy's mom turned on the news and both Nancy and her mom were in shock. Rochester was being cut off from the rest of New York and United States. They were setting up borders and no one was allowed in or out of the city. Then, she heard the news reporter say "There will now be a curfew for our city. We cannot leave our homes after 9 PM"

Nancy knew what this was for. She knew it was due to the rain and the bomb created by the Red Dragons. Then Nancy's mom got an email from the school that read "We will now be switching to online classes, as we cannot continue in person classes due to our new quarantine"

"Well that's one good thing to come out of all this" said Nancy's mom

"I just wish this never happened in the first place" said Nancy, now thinking that she caused all of this when she couldn't stop the construction of the bomb.

Yet, she's still never seen Emma's dad as Nancy or Celerity. She didn't know if he was in or out of Rochester. She didn't know if he set off the bomb or not. But she knew she had to stop the Red Dragons from making the situation worse.

Later that day, Nancy went out on patrol and since she didn't have school in person she decided she would stay out later than usual.

She saw that the city was now full of chaos and there were now robberies everywhere. There were now criminals with powers so it was harder to protect the city. She hoped that there were people that decided to use there power for good.

And she was right. She saw a kid confronting a mugger in an alley. The kid had a costume of his own. It was black with blue accents and he had a black mask that only covered his face and not his hair. His skin was brown and he had dreadlocks.

She saw the kid push the mugger who then pulled out a gun. The kid then started talking and taunting the mugger and gasped saying "I'm so sorry man, I didn't know you owned a gun man, please continue with your mugging I beg you please continue."

Celerity laughed at his jokes and thought "He's definitely seen Spider-Man too many times" then she continued to watch and she saw the kid make a move towards the mugger but since it was raining the ground was wet and the kid slipped.

The kid was now on the ground and the gun was now on him. Celerity jumped down and landed behind the mugger and said "Woah, wait a minute, can we all just talk this out." Then, the mugger turned the gun to her and she quickly disarmed him and pinned him to the wall and the mugger said "I'm sorry, I'm sorry it won't happen again." Then Celerity said "You're right, it won't." and knocked him out.

Then, she turned to the kid and the kid quickly apologized saying "I'm sorry, I was just trying to help you. Even though I thought you weren't real" then Celerity recognized the kid's voice from somewhere but didn't know where so she said "It's okay, we'll probably be seeing each other a lot more" and the kid said "Yeah, probably" and Celerity said "Hey, what's your name?" "I don't have one yet unless you're talking about my real name" said the kid
"You don't have to tell me but I swear I know your voice." Said Celerity.

Then the kid said "Well that's weird." "Yeah" said Celerity "I mean you can probably guess." Said the kid. Then, Celerity walked closer and said "I might be wrong but is your name Jayden?"
Then the kid's eyes widened and said "Damn, how'd you know" then Celerity said "Like I said, your voice." "Who are you then?" Said Jayden.

"Uh, this might be shocking but, it's Nancy from your bio class" said Celerity "It's not that shocking, but you don't look like the super hero type." "Well here I am, in a superhero costume saving you from a mugger." Said Celerity "That's true" said Jayden then Celerity said "Also can you not tell anyone and I'll do the same for you." "Don't worry I won't. But how long you been doing this?" Said Jayden. " About 2 months" said Celerity. "Ok, so your still kind of New at this." Said Jayden. "Yeah, but I'm like Batman so it's easy to scare criminals." Said Celerity" Well, I still can't believe Nancy Young is a superhero." Said Jayden. Then Celerity said "I could say the same for you." Then Jayden said "Whatever, I'll see you tomorrow or something." Then he speeded off leaving behind a sparky blue trail.

"And just like that, I'll have a sidekick"