Something New

As Celerity patrolled the city in the darkness she started seeing a pattern with the criminals she was stopping. They all had the same dragon logo on their clothing.

She had been seeing this pattern for at least two weeks now so she decided to start interrogating them. One night she spotted a robbery so she swooped down and knocked out four of the five criminals, leaving one to interrogate.

She grabbed the criminal and snapped his arm while saying "who are you working for?!" "No- nobody" said the criminal while stuttering. "I know you're working for someone so I suggest you start talking before your other arm gets broken" Said Celerity in a threatening tone.

"Okay, okay we're working for the red dragon gang. We're supposed to be gathering materials from warehouses for some chemical bomb or weapon." Said the robber who was now overtaken with fear.

"You did the right thing but I'm still gonna break your arm" said Celerity as a smile formed on her face.

The next day Nancy woke up and started to get ready for another day at school. She went to the bathroom to wash her face and take a shower. Once she was out of the shower she went back to her room to put her clothes on and do her makeup.

Then, she went downstairs to eat breakfast with her mom. She made a bowl of cereal and her mom turned on the news where she saw the scene of the interrogation that took place the night before.

"It's about time Rochester got a superhero. Its basically like Gotham with all of the murders that happen every year." Said Nancy's mom

"True, at least we don't have to worry about criminals stealing from our school again." Said Nancy as she picked up her spoon.

When Nancy was done eating she went back to the bathroom to brushed her teeth. When she was done she put on a hoodie, grabbed her bag and headed for the door.

As she walked to her bus stop she thought about what the criminal said the night before. "Why would they wanna use a chemical bomb in Rochester?" 

When she entered the school it reeked its regular smell of weed and vapes. When she got to her English class she noticed that the regularly empty desk had a book on it.

At the start the seat was no longer vacant. The seat had now been taken by a dark haired girl who had emerald green eyes and skin the color of sand.

"Good morning class, as you can see, we have a new student joining us" said Mrs. Wentworth as she guided her hand towards her. "Emma will you please introduce yourself."

"Uh, I'm Emma and I moved here from New Jersey."

"How was the weather there" said Mrs. Wentworth.

"The weather is pretty much the same here." said Emma as she turned her head to look out the window.

"Well then, at least you won't have a problem adjusting to the weather here... Class open your Chromebooks and get to the assignment you were supposed to finish last night."

"Yes, Emma" said Mrs. Wentworth, after seeing Emma's hand raised.

"I don't have a Chromebook yet" said Emma, with a nervous expression starting to form.

"Nancy will you take Emma to the tech center to get a Chromebook."

"Sure" said Nancy

"So, how do you like the school so far" said Nancy, with a welcoming expression.

"It's not so bad, even though I feel like I'm gonna get high from all the weed that I smell." Said Emma as she fanned herself a little.

"You'll get used to it" said Nancy, giving her a reassuring look.

"Hopefully I will. Also you doing anything after school" said Emma with a smile growing.

"I might be, Why?" Said Nancy, with confusion.

"I just wanted someone to show me around so i didn't have to do it by myself."

"Well, I'm free until like 8:30 so text me when your ready"

"Cool, here's my number" said Emma showing Nancy her phone.