twenty-five

Thank you all SO much for all the reads, votes, and comments. I never thought I'd have only 400 more reads until 1k on this story, and still relatively soon! <3

tw - heated snogging session? idk if thats fit to be a tw but still

.

As Elize woke up, she realized what she'd have to do. It was about a week before they were to leave Hogwarts, and Elize was planning on getting it over with. I mean, if they both had said their 'I love you''s, then it wouldn't be that hard. Right?

She got out of her bed and walked to her wardrobe, where she had already hung up her outfit. She grabbed the silky leggings and blue shirt with a koala on it, and put them on, tying her hair up into a messy bun.

It was Saturday, and she had 6 days to do what she had to do.

She walked out of her room with a determined purpose, but melted at the sight of Fred, who was wearing grey sweatpants and his hair was messy.

"Hi," he said, looking up from his book.

"Is that Pride and Prejudice?" Elize asked, and he smiled up at her as she sat next to him.

"Yeah. Stole it from your book collection."

"I would normally get mad," Elize said, looking at him, "but you're an exception."

"Good, because even though you look like a cinnamon roll," he said, eyeing her up and down, "you could kill."

"A cinnamon roll? Gee, tell me how you really feel!" She laughed.

"You know what I mean," he told her.

"Yeah, I do, I just choose to ignore it," Elize replied, grabbing the book and setting it on the coffee table.

"Come eat breakfast with me," she said, pulling him up.

"Let me change, I'm not letting Dumbledore see me shirtless."

"You're worried about Dumbledore? That hairy man? Why not the other girls who are just begging to have their hands all over your abs," she said, following him up the staircase.

"So you think I have abs?" He asked, putting a black shirt over his toned abs.

"You think I have tits," she said, watching him put on his shoes.

"Because you do."

"There's my point," she said, grabbing his hand and leading up to the Great Hall.

"Remember that time we kissed in a broom cupboard?" Fred asked as they sat down at the lonely Gryffindor table.

"Which time?"

"The one where we were all drunk," he informed, seeing that their friends were walking over to them.

"Yeah, what about it?" She asked, watching him pour himself coffee as she ate a piece of bacon.

"Well, let's just say there's a reason to you being French," he smirked, and her mouth was still hanging open when her friends came over.

As Fred sipped on his fire whiskey free coffee, considering it wasn't winter anymore, he smirked.

"What's wrong?" Asked Liz as Elize turned to her, startled.

"Nothing," she said quickly.

Fred was wearing his proud smirk for the rest of breakfast, and into the start of the day.

"Will you stop smirking?" Elize asked as she and Fred studied in an enclosed space in the common room.

"Nah. I like the feeling of proudness of getting little miss Delacour to have her mouth wide open because I did something."

"Not the first time," she smirked, and now it was Fred's turned to stare at her in shock.

"What?" She asked, "I mean, it wasn't the first time."

He shook his head and went back to scribbling on his parchment.

"Come with me," he said after a beat of silence, and he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the common room, and far away.

"Why are we on the fifth floor?" She asked as he lead her to an abandoned classroom, "in an abandoned classroom?"

"Because," Freed said, locking the classroom's door.

She stared at him, her eyes twinkling with mischief and curiosity, but when he made one swift movement, his lips were soon on hers, and their lips were moving quickly.

She curled her hands into his ginger hair, and he moved his lips down her jaw line and to her neck. As he kissed down to her collarbone, she realized now was the write time to do it.

"Fred," she whispered, and he looked up.

"Yeah?"

She looked into his eyes, and she smiled softly. "I love you."

Though Fred wouldn't display it, butterflies fluttered into his chest, and he felt his cheeks grow hot, considering these were the words he had been waiting for her to say. Of course, she'd said them in French, and he said them back, which is probably why she said it in the first place, but hearing those three words in English made Fred want to get on one knee right now and propose to her.

"I love you too," he said quietly, and he watched her smile grow bigger.

.

The following five days, leading up to a day before their leave, Fred and Elize grew closer, though their fellow friends didn't question it. Some days, George and Lee would wake up to Elize sleeping in Fred's bed, him sitting up and reading, and others Fred would wake up to Elize's arms wrapped tightly around his waist, hugging him close to her body. Elize saw more and more butterflies as the days went on, and at one point she sent out a purple butterfly to Fleur, that would share a message with her, and Elize told her about the 'I love you''s they both shared.

Fred and Elize went to more DA meetings, until it was another patronus lesson. Elize still hadn't been able to conjure one, while Fred had.

"Remember," Harry said, walking around, "Expecto Patronum, happiest memory."

Elize thought long and hard about all her memories, until finally she found one. It was her first day coming to Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament, and the Beauxbatons students were walking in. She was walking, and there he was: Fred winked at her, and she smiled at him. She took a deep breath and thought about the memory over and over again.

"Expecto Patronum!" She said loudly, and a small group of wispy blue butterflies soared out from her wand, and she smiled brightly as they fluttered around her.

"I did it!" She said happily, and Fred and George were smiling at her, and Liz was staring at the butterflies as they fluttered around the room.

The butterflies she conjured the first day she met Fred and George had been a symbol of their friendship, and they'd see it more often than not. On days where it was perfect, and days where the most tragic things would happen. But they'd stay together through thick and thin, even if it was hard to get to one.

hehehe. foreshadowing.