twelve

Being back in South France didn't feel right. I mean, I was happy to be back home, but I missed all my friends. I missed Fred.

Fred.

Me and him have been sending letters back and forth ever since I had left, and it really made my days better, considering things at home weren't the same anymore. My dad had gotten sick. Really sick. And my mum had gotten caught up in it all, deeming it necessary for Fleur to look after Gabrielle and I, but...

She isn't the best mum or guardian. She's always caught up with boy drama, and Bill Wesley has been coming by more often than not, and he'd leave in the morning, Fleur coming out of her bedroom all dreamily and what not. They were probably having sex.

But here I was now, pouring out my heart to Fred over a letter.

Cher mon amour,

I really wish I could be with all of you Weasleys right now, but with my dad being sick I guess it would be better if I stay here in France.

He got sick three days ago, and I hadn't felt the need to tell you until now, because he's very sick right now. He isn't expected to have many breaths left, so I want to stay here in case something bad happens.

The only way I'd meet up with you is if my dad were to die, so, I guess I really don't want to meet up with you. Also, thank you for telling me about the secret place you were staying at. Just don't let anyone find out or we'll both earn some lectures.

Je t'aimet'aime mon étoile, Elize

I folded up the letter and lifted up my owls wing, where me and Fred had been hiding the letters in case she was intercepted.

"Make sure he writes back, Pepper," I said. "If he doesn't, make sure to peck him into doing it."

She nodded her head and flew out of my window. I watched her turn into a small, little speck.

My door slammed open, and there stood Gabrielle, a worried look on her face. I stood up from my desk immediately.

"We're headed to St. Mungos in England. It's a better hospital than Guérir maintenant," she said. "Dad is worse."

I immediately slid on some boots that I had by my door, and ran downstairs. Mum was already grabbing onto dad and apparating away.

"Grab my arm," I said to Gabrielle sternly, "where is Fleur?"

"She was with Bill! Well, she left with him," she answered as imagined St. Mungos, and I apparated there.

We ran inside and mum was already gone with dad, so we ran to the receptionist who was probably middle aged.

"How can I help you?" She said slowly.

"Uhm, we're here to see you our father, he just came in. Last name Delacour," I said, and she flipped through her files.

"Ah, yes," she said slowly as me and Gabrielle turned agitated. "Room 202, floor 4."

I grabbed Gabrielle's hand and pulled her up the stairs, and in halted at room 202. Mum was inside with the healers as they worked on my father. He had many wires hooked up to him, and the machine with the heart beat and lines was going slowly, almost like he could die any second. I didn't want Gabrielle to see, so I led her to a window seat.

I conjured up my patronus; a phoenix, and sent a message to Fleur, who was probably with all the Weasleys.

"Dad's at St. Mungos. Got worse. Please come," I recorded, and the phoenix flew away. I turned to see my little sister crying.