four

AHHH! IT'S CHRISTMAS RIGHT NOW IN THE BOOK, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?! SANTAAAAA! also, That Way (by my friend Alice, you should go read it) keeps messing up my brain so i think it's a harry fic one moment and have to check the title- ALSO: I'll have a link to all the things I mention in this chapter.

♡♡♡

Amélie, Fleur, and Gabrielle seemed to have already left. It had been a week since the first task, and everyone kept clapping Harry on the back for his win in the first task. The switch up. First moment they're all mad at him for "putting his name in the cup," next minute, oh look! He won the first task, he deserves praise and love.

Gosh.

I skipped into the Great Hall wearing a periwinkle blue long sleeved shirt, black leggings, a white trench coat I had taken off in the great hall, and a white and periwinkle blue patterned scarf (which I had also taken off per arrival to the Great Hall). It was snowing outside, and the snow was thicker than the South France snow, so I almost lost my snow boots twice from the travel from my carriage to the castle.

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully to Fred and George when I had sat down. Lee was off doing God knows what with Alicia.

"Morning, what's got you so cheerful?" Fred said.

"It's Christmas you daft dimbos!"

"I thought it was that you haven't said a single thing in French for a whole week," George joked.

"Did you two seriously forget it was Christmas?" I said skeptically.

"We wish," they said in sync.

"Our mum sent us so many cards the following week," Fred started.

"Christmas this, Christmas that, stay at Hogwarts, love you this, love you that," George finished.

"You should be happy that your mum loves you enough to do that!" I said.

"Does your mum not love you?" George joked.

"Well Fleur, Gabrielle, and I are lucky if we get a card for our birthday if we're abroad," I said. I wasn't mad, I didn't need the cards, I'd just like them.

"Dang," Fred said, and soon Ron, Hermione, and Harry had sat in front of us.

"I thought you were going home?" I said to Hermione. Me and her had talked a couple of times due to run-ins in the library.

"Well, we have the Yule Ball, don't we?" She smiled.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," I said.

"You get mad at us for forgetting Christmas and you're over here forgetting a ball?!" Fred and George say.

"It's just that I'm not looking forward to it!" I answered.

"How come?" Fred said.

"I've been to way too many balls in a lifetime than my Mamie has turned into a Harpy," I say, "she's turned into a Harpy way too many times."

"Oh, boo-hoo," Fred said. "Hasn't someone asked you out?"

"No," I said bluntly, and everyone sitting around me looked at me in shock. Except for Hermione.

"Oh that is so not true!" She said, "whenever we're studying together you have like 12 boys asking you!"

"Yeah but I say no each time. And let's not get started on how many times that Vi-" she smacked her hand on my mouth before I could finish.

"So you're getting asked out but you say no and you're complaining about not having a date?" George says.

"I never was complaining!"