ten

3/8 chapters for this week. I formally apologize for chapter nine.

.

It had been a really long time since the second task, and Harry and Elize were mentally and physically preparing for the third task.

"Harry you're doing it wrong!" Elize said exasperatedly.

"I'm sorry," Harry said solemnly.

 "No, it's fine. Let's try a different scenario. There are dementors coming for you in the maze. What do you do?"

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry said, and his patronus, a silver stag, erupted from his wand and pranced around the room happily.

"No," Elize said.

"What?" Harry asked, confused, as his patronus bowed its head and disappeared.

"If they're dementors in a school contest or whatever, then the ministry's got some serious problems," Elize said, and then mumbled that they actually do have some problems.

"But anyways, it would probably be a boggart, so you'd say..." Elize continued.

"Ridikulus."

"Yes. Good work Harry. Good luck in the maze," Elize said, patting his back and smiling at him as she walked away towards the stands where her friends and Molly Weasley, along with Bill Weasley, were sitting. Harry and Elize were practicing the things that Harry had the most trouble with last minute.

"I'm really worried," Elize said as she put her hands into her sweatshirts pockets.

"He'll be fine," Fred said reassuringly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Elize nodded, but she didn't fully believe him. She just felt like something was going to go wrong. Terribly wrong.

"Champions Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter, get ready..."

The cannon went off early. Again.

"Seriosuly?!" Bagman said to Filch, "GO!"

Cedric and Harry were off, running into the maze first, shortly followed by Krum then Fleur. This was the most boring task of all. Elize wondered how it felt watching the second task. About an hour went by before red sparks were set off, and Fleur was brought out of the maze.

"I'll be right back," Elize said, looking at her older sister worriedly as Fleur ranted about how the bush was eating her up and everything.

"It's okay Fleur, you're okay," Elize said, and she brought Fleur to her mother, father, and little sister.

About a half hour went by when Krum came out of the maze, scratches all over and his eyes foggy. Imperious curse.

Now it was a waiting game. As Elize and her family comforted a traumatized Fleur, she continued watching the maze for any sign of Harry or Cedric.

About 2 hours went by when she heard a distinct pop and cries. She turned around and saw Harry holding something. Cedric's body. Cedric's dead body. She let out a get wrenching scream and ran over to Harry as he sobbed and started to try and explained the Voldemort was back.

"THAT'S MY SON! THAT'S MY BOY!" Mr. Diggory yelled as he ran down the steps, staring at his only son's, his only child's, lifeless body and he robbed harder as Cedric's body was taken away from Harry and from him.

Elize hugged Harry tightly as more and more people soon realized what had happened.

"He's back!" Harry cried. "He's back!"

"Shh," Elize said.

"Miss. Delacour, let me take Harry," Professor Moody said, and she obeyed, giving Harry to the ex-auror.

But something felt off. Like she shouldn't let Harry go with Moody. But she let him go.

As she talked with Dumbledore and McGonagall, and Fred soon came down, she looked up and saw a red butterfly. Red.

It had always been a veela warning that if one sees a red butterfly instead of a blue butterfly it meant that somebody was endanger.

"Professor Dumbledore," Elize said, standing up quickly. "We need to get to Harry."

Elize started running towards the castle, the professors close behind, and she turned all the corners quickly, almost running into multiple suits of armour before reaching the DADA teacher's office. She tried the doorknob. Locked.

"Alohamora," McGonagall said, and they all barged in and Elize rushed to Harry, who looked absolutely terrified. As she hugged Harry tightly she realized that for the majority of the year it had been Barty Crouch Jr. teaching her, and Crouch had put the real Moody in a chest. He was okay though. Thankfully.

"It's all going to be okay," she said to Harry as she looked out the window, white and pastel yellow butterflies fluttering by. Peace and happiness. But she didn't really believe that.

If that were true, how come Harry has been chosen as a champion? How come Fleur had gotten hurt? How come Krum had been under an Unforgivable Curse, hurting Fleur? How come Cedric had died?

It was all so much to take in in such a little amount of time. But in the end, she'd get over it. She just didn't know about Harry. After all, he had watched his friend get killed in front of his own eyes. The same green light that had flashed in front of his own eyes when he was just a baby, killing both if his parents.

How had Harry ever even been okay? Even if it was just a mask?

Parents killed as a baby. Group up in a horrible household. Fought the wizard who killed his parents in his first year. Almost died in his second year to basilisk venom. Almost got the dementors kiss in third year. And now this? Watching his new found friend die right in front of his eyes? It was horrible. Absolutely horrible.

She walked Hartley back to the Gryffindor common room, rubbing his back all the way back.

"Go get some rest, you need it," she told him, and he nodded, leaving to the boys dormitory, her to the girls dormitory. There was so little time left for her at Hogwarts. With Fred. This year was about to come to an end, and she could do nothing about it. Nothing.

Wow. I can't believe that this was the last real, real chapter of fourth year. Next two chapters will be a filler (Cedric's funeral), and then departure. Gosh. I seriously hope you all are enjoying this book so far, and dont forget to vote for it if you think its worthy of one.

Lots of love, mikayla-mikayla