eleven

4/8 chapters for this week. Imma finish this filler and then the next chapter, then be done for the week. You'll get the other three chapters on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday if I can. This will be short, as I think it will only be Cedric's funeral.

.

Elize finished off her outfit with her black ankle boots. The Durmstrang school and Beauxbatons had left, but she found it best if she paid her respects to Cedric. She'd stay for the memorial service then apparate away, and that would be it. That would be it of Hogwarts for her.

She walked to the Great Hall with Fred, George, and Angelina. Her blonde hair was in a loose bun, and she was wearing some spare clothes. A black shirt and white skirt.

As she sat down with her friends, she tried her best to pay attention to the memorial service for Cedric, except her mind wandered.

Her sixth year had been a rollercoaster. She felt it best that she stepped away from Hogwarts. She didn't know if she could handle that amount of grief or sadness or anything ever again, and Beauxbatons was much less dramatic. Plus, her family was there. She couldn't leave family. But then again, her friends, Lee, George, Fred, Angelina, Alicia, Liz, Katie, Hermione, Neville, and so many more, were also her family. She couldn't leave them.

Especially Fred.

From meeting him and them clicking immediately. From him calling her butterfly girl to butterfly. From him snogging her at the Yule Ball and after it. From him having "sex" with her. And from him kissing her in a truth or dare game. She didn't want to leave him, and he didn't want to leave her.

Hogwarts had also become her home, too. So much so that most nights she'd sleep in the Gryffindor girls dormitory, and her friends wouldn't mind.

She was close to tears when she turned back to the service.

"Cedric was an amazing, kind, hard-working, patient, and enthusiastic student and person, and he shall be remembered in that same way. So by all means, pass on his legacy! It's needed!" Dumbledore said to them all. "Now at let's raise our wands for the amazing person we lost this year."

Everyone raised their wands, including some oft he Slytherins who weren't too hard headed to realize the passing of someone. Even Elize raised her wand, who had never heard of this tradition. Usually veelas would send off a flock of blue, white, and pastel yellow butterflies, that would all join in midair and create a cross in the air, before evaporating into colored dusts, that would spread around the grave of the deceased person, and they'd grow into all kinds of colorful flowers.

Once the memorial was over, Elize was the first one up and out of the Hall, Fred coming after her. He grabbed her wrist before she could apparate away.

"Please don't go," he pleaded, and she shook her head silently, tears brimming her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I've truly loved our friendship Fred Weasley. You'll see me soon," she said, and without a second thought, she stepped up to him and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

She moved her head to his ear, and whispered: I love you Frederick Gideon Weasley, before apparating away.

Fred was left standing there in shock, before a wave of sadness hit him. Sure she said she'd see him soon, but when was soon in her book? He needed her now. He turned back to face the Great Hall, but not before looking back to the grassy fields where Elize was just standing, now gone, and he small a small butterfly flutter through. Blue, white, yellow, and pink. A multicolored butterfly. He softly smiled and left, Elize never leaving his mind as he sat back down.

Meanwhile Elize apparated to a meadow nearby her home, and while she was secluded and hidden by big apple trees and multicolored flowers and different kinds of butterflies, she pulled her knees to her chest and started to silently cry.

When would she see him again?

.

I'm not good at writing emotional endings, but that one seriously got me crying because I could imagine it so vividly. Multiple times I forgot that Elize was in Beauxbatons and not Hogwarts, including while I was writing that there'd be a whole chapter for departure. She wouldn't be riding the Hogwarts Express, and the visiting schools had left already. (Right?) So I guess this is it. The last chapter of fourth year before we started the summer of fifth year. I don't know what to say. By the time I write this my book has 136 reads, 16 votes, and 165 comments.

I know that doesn't seem like a lot to most people or my friends considering they're getting like 1k reads by the time they start writing their book, but with a following of 10 and this being an account I started from scratch, its a really big deal for me. I hope in the future I can come back here and tell my past self how much better this book is doing.

Don't forget to vote and share this story with your friends if you think worthy.

Remember, I love you all so, so much, and remember to treat people with kindness.

Love, mikayla-mikayla

Fourth year ; started: March 10, 2024

Fourth year ; finished: March 26, 2024 : 12:15 am