twenty-one

WE USING THE HYPHENS NOW! WOO!

Fred woke up, still thinking about Elize's French words, and knew that he wouldn't admit that he knew what they meant until the time was right. Although they kiss, flirt, and act like a couple, they weren't one. It was a no strings attached kind of relationship, and the vowed to do this so as not to mess up their friend group.

"Hey Hermione!" Elize said cheerfully.

"Hi Elize, can I help you?" Hermione asked, noting the journal and quill in her hand.

"Actually, yes. Do you have any ideas for like... Witch's Wants?"

"Hmm," Hermione said thoughtfully, "maybe a bewitched blanket for the weather? Like when its winter its warm and when its summer its cold?"

"Oh my gosh Hermione," Elize said, looking up from her scribbled on parchment beaming, "you're the most brilliant person I've ever met!"

Elize watched her smile proudly before turning around and walking away, her blonde-silver hair bouncing along her back as she went.

Elize walked all the way back to the Gryffindor Common Room and sat down on one of the plush armchairs, jotting down what she had just got from Hermione.

Witch's Wants: IDEA NO. 3
Name: Bewitched Blanket
Details:
-large blanket
-warm in winter
-cold in summer
-comes in 5 colors and sizes

Looks
:
-quilt-like
-colors: red, pink, white, black, blue
-sizes: XS, small, medium, large, XL
Price: 7 galleons
-Elize Delacour

Elize shrieked as a body jumped on top of hers, knocking her to the floor and sending her parchment and quill flying.

"Fred!" She yelled, and she pushed him off. "What happened?" She laughed.

"We finally finished our Skiving Snackboxes!" George said, running into the common room, holding one out for Elize to look into. She grabbed the box and looked at the top, which had Fred and George funnily drawn onto it, and the words Sweets to make you ill! between them. They also gave credit to Elize herself, because she had been the mastermind between all of it, and had also perfected the spells and potions to make them. She opened up the box and saw that all the sweets were neatly placed inside, dividers dividing them with the name of the sweets pasted onto it.

She saw that were a variety of Nosebleed Nougats, Puking Pastilles, Fever Fudges, and Fainting Fancies. She smiled widely as she stared at them, and saw that they were charging 8 galleons for each box.

"I'm so proud of you two," she said happily as she looked up at them, and hoped that one day she'd be able to announce that Witch's Wants was completed, but seeing as so far she was doing it by herself, and the ideas came slowly, that would almost probably never happen.

Elize knew that she would never be able to articulate the looks of joy on both of their faces enough to their kids.

"Next up is getting the Joke Shop prepared," she smiled, and the two smirked at each other.

She gasped jokingly, "you two did something without me!"

She sat up and grabbed her parchment and quill and turned her attention to the two, "now spill."

"Well, you know how Harry  gave us his 1000 galleons prize money from the Triwizard Tournament?" George started, and Elize nodded.

"Well, we may or may not have bought a property already. We just need to figure out the layour and how to complete by the end of the year, because we're all leaving," Fred finished.

"Well," Elize said, thinking deeply, "I could help you both with the layout, and veela magic is very helpful when it comes to decorating. We can paint walls within seconds. How does that sound?"

"Wicked!" The two said unison.

"Good. Now, just give me the address of the shop and by April 10th it'll be done," she said, holding her hand expectantly, and Fred handed her a piece of parchment with the address.

"Don't bother looking at it 'til April 10th, too. I want it to be a surprise." And with that, she walked away, her parchment and quill in hand, already making up a plan. She'd said April 10th because she wanted to over-date that finishing point, because she was going to make the shop being done their birthday surprise. And then after that, they'd just have to stock up, which could be finished once they all leave, considering they already have all the things they need down at The Burrow.

While Elize scribbled away at her parchment for the ideas and layout, Fred and George sat down on one of the common room couches.

"Well, this is perfect," George smirked, and Fred turned to his twin.

"Why?"

"Because when she's done and she shows us, you can say Je t'aime to her," George said, smiling smugly at his twin.

"You're so right!" Fred said, his face lighting up as he imagined her reaction. He also dreamt about their future together; they had both announced in a game of truth or dare that they both only wanted three kids. One to take on after the mother, and the other to take on after the father, and the last one to take on after both of them.

With them growing up together in the loft above the Joke Shop, and then him finally proposing to her, just praying she won't say no, it would be perfect. With their earning from the shop they'd be able to buy a house big enough for them and their future kids, and it's be paradise. Molly would be all over them when she found out Elize was pregnant, and he could only dream that Elize would have twins.

One twin would take on after Elize, a put-together life, knowing his or her limits, and knowing that she or he could have fun. While the other would take on after Fred, only knowing of jokes and pranks, but still being very smart. The eldest, the one without a twin, would be a mix of both. 

Every family reunion would be a party, and life would be well.

But then again, once Fred got snapped back to reality, he then understood again that they were in a no commitment relationship, being paranoid of rejection or hurting their friend group, and by the time they're out of Hogwarts, she'll probably already have a real boyfriend, because Merlin knows how many boys are after her, and they'd just be back to friends. She'd have no real purpose to stay in the loft with him, and he didn't have to waste his precious galleons on a rock that would label her as his, and they wouldn't have beautiful kids together, blue-eyed gingers with a hint of a French accent underlying their British accent, and they'd all be fluent in French.

When he got up to go back to his dorm with George and Lee to make more plans about their leave and what they'd do to make Umbridge's life hell in those remaining months, all thoughts with her disappeared, and he was brought back to the brutal reality of friendship. Of a no-commitment relationship.

Damn. That was kinda deep.